Food you wouldn't put in your mouth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
I have searched this topic and it doesn't appear anywhere.If it does let me know. What food would you never ever put in your mouth, or have tried once and will never try again? Never say never but the thought of froglegs gives me a bad feeling all over.

Last edited:
Clams:sick: The thought of something slimy in my mouth makes me sick!!

I'm with Ishbel, NO OYSTERS either! Haven't tried cavier, but, can't think of a reason I would want to eat roe.

Last edited:
What is white castle?

I've tried the following and won't eat them again..

truffles, caviar and oysters.:(

Ishbel said:
What is white castle?

Sorry. I did not take into consideration our international friends here.

White Castle is a fast food restaurant, somewhat in line with McDonalds. The key difference is White Castle steams their burgers. Long story short, you either love them or you hate them. I've heard horror stories from people that have eaten them, all revolving around doing a major number to your digestive system. I've been told that if you top them with enough condiments, they don't taste so bad.

Bottom line for me is too many people have negative remarks about White Castle. I have had some of their fried stuff (fries, etc.) and to me it tastes like they are using the same oil from fiver years ago!

White Castle burgers are nasty, for sure, but some people love them.

I hate coffee...by itself, doctored up, in things, even the smell of it brewing. My stepson can talk me into anything, and he got me to take a sip of one of his Starbucks canned drinks last time he was here. I was totally grossed out. :sick:

Aside from coffee, no insects or worms...I don't care if they offer me a million bucks.

Constance said:
no insects or worms...I don't care if they offer me a million bucks.
Exactly...:sick: I'm not a big fan of organ meat (offal) either, or things that combine meat/fish and gelatin.

Brains are gross. I used to work in a lab. I tried them once all I could think of was the smell of formaldehide and the jars at work with brains in them. There is no reason to eat something so gross.

Cooked spinach by itself ( I like it in a mixture) Collard greens, raw oysters and that about does it. Anything else is fair game for me.

Rye bread and this stuff my grandmother made ( I have no idea what's in it and don't care to know) called brown soup. Mom and her sisters love it. They used to beg for it every time they were sick. I smell it and get sick. ICKY!!!!

Raisins(old grapes), cherries, marshamllows, fudge, coconut, duck tongues, rutabaga, parsnips, green pepper, cilantro, chocolate, peanuts....for a start. Bad for a chef to not eat so many foods isn't it, but I have no problem cooking with any of them. I just can't seem to get past the thought of putting them into my mouth.

Duck tongues???
I didn't know people ate those. Are they not very very tiny?
How do you cook them Brian?

hahaha pds! I had a vision of the Aflac duck as I was reading your post! AAFFFLLLLAACCCCC!

I am usually game to try new stuff, but I am with ya on the insects or worms. Ever had a bug fly in your mouth? :sick: And I also remember a certain episode of fear factor when they were made to eat a certain part of a deer.... double :sick:

Heresy! White Castle burgers are a gift to humankind! Okay, I know, ya either love 'em or hate 'em and I happen to be one of those strange people that like them. The part about the steamed burgers doing a number on your gastrointestinal system is true, however. That's why they're nicknamed "Sliders" around here (use your imagination.) I'm with everyone else on organs, brains, fish eggs, etc. No way! :sick:

I could never, ever eat anything that belonged to the marine mammal family :( (like whale, seal, etc) :sick: That thought just makes me so sad.

I've tried these, but wouldnt eat them again....raw oysters (too slimy), frogs legs (they look like frogs legs lol), escargot (too chewy), caviar (too crunchy and salty), quail (small bird)...thats all I can think of.

Brianschef said:
Raisins(old grapes), cherries, marshamllows, fudge, coconut, duck tongues, rutabaga, parsnips, green pepper, cilantro, chocolate, peanuts....for a start. Bad for a chef to not eat so many foods isn't it, but I have no problem cooking with any of them. I just can't seem to get past the thought of putting them into my mouth.

As you can tell from my highlights, I was outraged to find that someone
couldn't stand the taste of fudge, coconut and chocolate. That is insane!
How does someone NOT like the taste of chocolate!?!? Just curious, how were you introduced to these heavenly tastes and how did you
develop such a distaste for them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom