Foods that have a tendency to stick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macaroons, of just about every type! The recent silicone sheets, and silicone lined foil are the only things I have found that worked, besides teflon sheets (the only thing I had for years that worked). Parchment didn't work, even though it is non-stick with just about everything else. Old recipes would call for baking on brown paper, then soaking the paper, to release them! I never did this, however.

Wow thanks for sharing!

I've noticed that certain foods stick more than others. Have you noticed a pattern based on the types of food that might stick the most (like meat, veggies, etc.)?

Has non-stick spray worked for you?

Wow thanks for sharing!

I've noticed that certain foods stick more than others. Have you noticed a pattern based on the types of food that might stick the most (like meat, veggies, etc.)?

Has non-stick spray worked for you?

I mentioned the spray on your other thread - something I use in a lot of things. And here's a tip for spraying things: open up your dishwasher, and do it in there (of course, if there isn't a load of clean dishes there! :LOL:). This keeps the spray off things around the kitchen, and washes off automatically.

Things like meats, fish, and the like, what you have to do is put them in the greased pan, then wait. They are usually stuck, at first, but then release, then the crust forms.

...And here's a tip for spraying things: open up your dishwasher, and do it in there (of course, if there isn't a load of clean dishes there! :LOL:). This keeps the spray off things around the kitchen, and washes off automatically...
That's a pretty cool idea! I usually lean out the back door of the house and spray, making sure I've angled the pan to be downwind. ;)

Back
Top Bottom