Frisco Sauce??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I'll be trying a new restaurant in a few days. While I was overlooking the menu, I noticed a sandwich with " Frisco Sauce".
Ive never heard of it ( or if I had, not by that name) so I was wondering if someone who knows of it and has tried it , can give a description.

I'll be trying a new restaurant in a few days. While I was overlooking the menu, I noticed a sandwich with " Frisco Sauce".
Ive never heard of it ( or if I had, not by that name) so I was wondering if someone who knows of it and has tried it , can give a description.

I've never heard of it, so I did a www search. Seems there are a lot of "copycat" recipes for Steak 'n Shake Frisco Sauce. Mayo, Ketchup, Sugar & Pickle Relish. Sounds like a fry sauce or a dumbed down 1000 Island?

Honestly, I've not found a "fry sauce" that I thought enhanced the fries?

People who live in San Francisco would scream if they heard you call it Frisco!

Oh, I've gotten an earful at airport bars when I tell people I live in Frisco. I have to explain to them that I really live in a city called Frisco. It was named after the Frisco railroad, which had a stop here in the 1800s.

It is not a small town now, we have 210,000 people here. But, I have to be careful to say Frisco, Texas. Even then I get some dirty looks. :LOL:

CD

Sounds like im going to pass on the Frisco sauce :). Love trying new things, but this doesn't seem like its going to be a keeper for me. Ill keep browsing the menu :)

Aw, I thought you were more adventurous than that, larry lol. At least ask for a little bit to taste.

you're right !! and I usual am.
I'll make up for it tomorrow. Going to. Puerto Rican restaurant tomorrow where Ill have plenty of newish things to try.

Looking forward to it.

Juts checked their website. Closed on Sundays.

Oh well, ill just have to find something else exciting on the menu. I want to come home with at least one new thing to try and recreate ( I was really banking on the Puerto Rican Place ..

Back
Top Bottom