Frozen fruit and texture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamoehope

Assistant Cook
I like to use frozen fruit to add to my oatmeal and I've had great success with frozen mango and frozen strawberries (the kind that are packed into the container, not the kind where the whole strawberry was frozen). But I did not have success with frozen blueberries. Every time I thawed them they had a terrible texture and did not taste very good. Granted, fresh strawberries and mango taste much better than frozen, but the frozen alternatives were acceptable. Not so with the frozen blueberries.

So my questions are on whether there is a way to properly thaw blueberries to avoid the issue I had or if not, and how do frozen raspberries, blackberries, peaches, and whole strawberries turn out when thawed? I don't want to try those fruits and have a similar experience with mushy and not tasty fruit.

Thanks.

I have frozen/thawed bluieberries with no problem. Wash and completely dry the fruit, lay it out on a baking sheet and put in the freezer. Once the berries are frozen, package. I seal mine in bags using a food saver.

Back
Top Bottom