gad, this veggie side dish was good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Happy Thanksgiving! :LOL:

'Brussels Sprouts au gratin'
1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts OR 2 bags frozen
2 tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon Flour
4 slices bacon cooked and crisp, crumbled, reserve drippings
1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
1 cup cooking water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 Pepper
1/2 cup Cheddarella cheese, grated
2 1/2 tablespoons Bread crumbs

Preheat oven 325 F. Wash and trim up brussels sprouts. In sauce pan, put brussels and pour in enough water just to cover. Boil then simmer until tender. Drain cooking liquid and save. Melt butter and add bacon dripping in small skillet. Add scallions and saute until soft. Add flour and cook until flour is dissolved, 3 mi. Add garlic. Cook 3 mins more. Pour in reserved water. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick. Place sprouts (cut in half side down) in a buttered casserole. Pour sauce over. Top with grated cheese, bacon and breadcrumbs. Bake 30 mins or until top is browned.

i just cannot get over how cute that little baby is, lol. look at that little face! i assusme that's your grandbaby, lefse?

LEFSElover, that really sounds great. However, I have already prepared a vegetale for our belated dinner, using brussel sprouts and baby carrots in a butter, dijon and roasted mustard seed sauce. Next year I would like to try yours, I love brussel sprouts.

Norgeskog, if you do get the chance, give it a try.
Ourt whole family loves Brussels Sprouts.

Luvs_food......
that is my 10 month old grand son John Brogan.
and that is me, kissing that little cutest face ever.
thanks for noticing how cute he is, I personally think he's a candidate for pretty baby of the universe! ;)

LEFSElover said:
Norgeskog, if you do get the chance, give it a try.
Ourt whole family loves Brussels Sprouts.

LEFSElover, he is adorable. I do not always look at the pictures by everyones name.

Back
Top Bottom