Getting cinnamon out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King kain

Assistant Cook
I was cooking with cinnamon the other week and ground it fresh using my bullet... Well, now I can't get the cinnamon dust out of the cup... Obviously water didn't work, I put it in the dishwasher, I scrubbed it with soap... :/ I don't know what else to do and I can't find ANY info anywhere on how to get it out... Please tell me it's possible?!

I was going to suggest grinding rice. That's the standard way of cleaning a coffee grinder after grinding spices.

Another suggestion would be grinding fresh bread in it. The cinnamon will stick to the bread. Try all the suggestions. Eventually, something will work. :angel:

Yep. Have a dedicated Bullet cup for spices and coffee.

Things like those have oils that are hard to get rid of.

I figured that out too, and now have 2 grinders. Cinnamon flavored coffee isn't bad. Fennel, cumin, and pepper flavored coffee is bad.

Interesting. Four replies, each with a different suggestion.
And a fifth one here.

I grind a slice of bread into bread crumbs and this seems to clear out the dust and absorb the smell.

Like others have suggested, I have an old coffee grinder which I keep for "smelly" (edible) things such as spices, etc.

By the time you've followed all these suggestions you'll have the cleanest grinder in the land :LOL:

And a fifth one here.

I grind a slice of bread into bread crumbs and this seems to clear out the dust and absorb the smell.

Like others have suggested, I have an old coffee grinder which I keep for "smelly" (edible) things such as spices, etc.

By the time you've followed all these suggestions you'll have the cleanest grinder in the land :LOL:

Not really, check out post #5.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom