Granite Counter Top care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I redoing my kitchen and we're adding some gorgeous granite countertops (Juparana Persa from India). I know I will need to apply sealer every year or two. Is there other care or avoidances I should know about?

Use water and soap to wipe off and then just buff it with a dry microfibre cloth.

I don't normally baby my countertops and use Ammonia free galss cleaner on it as well but water and soap and the microfibre works just as well.

I have Kashmir Gold also from India but it's a bit lighter so I have to be careful although I am not :chef:

Mine came with a cleaner and sealer that I use once a year. Other than that I just use soap and water. I love my granite! It freaks everyone out when I can put hot pans on top and cut things on it too. Of course I don't normally cut things on it because it dulls my knives. I do make sure that I don't let any thing that stains sit there too long. I know it said in my paperwork not to let a stain sit overnight but I wouldn't even chance that. I can say that I will never ever have any other type of countertop.
Enjoy!

JGDean,
I renovated my kitchen 7 yrs ago and installed Cafe Bahia countertops, I never sealed them and just clean regularly with soapy sponge and water. Hot pans, cutting or water don't seem to affect the surface at all.
They are as shiny as the first day, see link for more details:
Cafe Bahia Granite
Juparana India porosity (water absortion) is 0.2 to 0.3%, seems very low to me. I'd check with your vendor for care recommendation.

Last edited:
one thing .. it does not hurt to seal them .. you can do it every time you clean ..
it only takes a few minutes ..

Back
Top Bottom