Granola and almond milk questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting question Seeing-to-Believe, why don't you start out with your favourites - lets see if we have the same Brands in Canada as in Israel?

Favorite granola is whatever's on sale.
Favorite almond milk - we use oat milk and rice dream here

Yes, I tend to agree with Dragnlaw:
What´s your favourite?
Why is it your favourite?
What makes it special to you?
What's your favourite granola?
Why is it so good?
How do you use it?

This forum is to exchange ideas - so let´s have some of yours so we can compare with ours, eh?

Favorite granola is whatever's on sale.
Favorite almond milk - we use oat milk and rice dream here

what brands? except for the granola..

i want to get inspiration by looking at websites of specific brands.

i used to buy oat milk as well but the tasty ones belong to huge companies in israel which i try to avoid..

We make our own soy milk, rice milk, oat milk, strain it or not, add flavors or sweetener or not. I like having plain available in the fridge and usually add flavors or sweetener to the dish I'm making.

Our granola is just oats (thick cut), on parchment. Then in a blender I put apple sauce (or pear sauce), banana or not, oranges, really any fruit, cinnamon, enough water to make a thick sauce, then massage it into the oats on the parchment. (about 3 cups of sauce to 10 cups of oats on two parchment lined half sheet pans)

I bake it at 250 deg F for 3 hours, turning it in the middle. We use this for topping usually on our morning oatmeal or 9 grain flake bowl. It's also good with plant milk, in a pinch.

I'm going to henceforth call it 'bliss brand', lol

why not to use half sugar/fruit puree and half a good sweetener?

Why? Because the fruit puree is sweet enough to be satifying. Why add empty calories that could possibly do more harm than good.

Empty calories means that there is no other goodness in it. Fruit puree has fruit sugars and may even be more calories but at least there are all the other benefits derived from the fruit, ergo, not empty calories.

Some people prefer not to use artificial sweeteners.

i know.

another question about a maple syrup in this recipe. if i use honey i need to dilute the honey because it is thicker than the natural maple?
or can i just use the same amount of honey without any other change?

I do not think so, would use the same amounts.
It might be a tad more difficult to stir. Perhaps you could heat the honey a little bit might help.

But truly, the only way you'll know is if you do it. Keep us posted! Sounds delish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom