This - "Solanine levels are highest in the skin of a potato. For this reason, peeling a green potato will help significantly reduce its levels.
Studies have estimated that peeling a potato at home removes at least 30% of its toxic plant compounds. However, that still leaves up to 70% of the compounds in the flesh (4Trusted Source).
This means that in potatoes with very high solanine concentrations, the peeled potato might still contain enough to make you sick.
Unfortunately, boiling and other cooking methods, including baking, microwaving or frying, do not significantly reduce solanine levels. Thus, they won’t make green potatoes any safer to eat (9).
If a potato has just a few small green spots, you can cut them out or peel the potato. Because solanine is also produced in higher concentrations around the eyes, or sprouts, of a potato, they should be removed as well.
However, if the potato is very green or tastes bitter (a sign of solanine), it’s best to throw it away (10)." from this - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...OC_TITLE_HDR_5
. i was taugh to throw away potatoes thathad any green n them. As spuds aren't expensive, why take a chance?
Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North