Grilled Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scattergun2570

Assistant Cook
Ok,so some of you know I was trying to get the dough to rise,had trouble,tried again. This time I let the mixer run for 10 mins which got the dough smooth and gluten workin. I also put it in the one unairconditioned room in the house which was warm. After 90 mins it at least doubled in size! Sucess! So.. I punched it down and cut it in half, formed two balls,pinched em closed and refrigerated them until this afternoon.

Today,I let them come to room temp,and it stretched out for me fairly well I`d say. I ran out of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,so I used Veg oil. Paint brushed it on and on the Weber it went. I believe I over cooked it a bit,bottom was a bit too black.Maybe the Veg Oil burns too quick? I got great crunch though lol. Overall it was a good start..I think grilling pizza is an avenue I will keep working on till I perfect it. The grill really adds a nice flavor. Anyway heres a pic of it with some missing of course.
img_1005909_0_bc47b5892c528655a240d67967b1e0b3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good!!! I just grilled my first pizza this past week and am not going to be turning on the oven for pizza all summer now.

My first one got a but charred too. With the last one I kept a long handled spatula handy so I could check the bottom before flipping it over and topping it.

Back
Top Bottom