Guilty pleasures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same cuisine, different products.

Good stuff, H. Don't get to see or try them here.

There's a cooking show here on Food Network called "Chopped." Four chefs are given baskets with unusual ingredients, & compete to make a "Gourmet" (well, palatable) dish.

Here's a Challenge. What dishes do you make with your goodies?

I've made French Onion Pierogy Soup (they sell frozen pierogies here).

Potsticker soup.

What dishes have you made? (Just for fun ;):chef:)
you little tinker cerise;)!! right...like you i have actually made a very passable french onion soup with the eazy onions.i have also made rather good crab cakes with the crab pate,instant mash & crushed kettle chips.i love licourice & did attempt to make a licourice sauce for icecream which was an unmitigated disaster.also made crab linguine with the pate & a bit of chilli/parsley.if i was put on the spot with that lot & i may just try it,what do you think of sardine & mussel fish pie topped with instant mash & crumbled kettle chips.jamaica ginger sponge & halwa for pud of course & all washed down with frozen grey goose:ermm:??!!

Last edited:
I get 1 ounce of this a day:

But the proper prophylactic dose is 1.6 ounces. I'm very conscientious about healthy eating, and being somewhat larger than average, I increased my dosage to 2 ounces daily, just to be on the right side of caution, you see. One must think these things out carefully, if one is to not fail to justify one's daily chocolate. We split one of these.

345_600_1.jpg

But the proper prophylactic dose is 1.6 ounces. I'm very conscientious about healthy eating, and being somewhat larger than average, I increased my dosage to 2 ounces daily, just to be on the right side of caution, you see. One must think these things out carefully, if one is to not fail to justify one's daily chocolate. We split one of these.

Seems like a prudent decision.:innocent:

345_600_1.jpg

Seems like a prudent decision.:innocent:
prophylactics? but i thought they w.....anyway, lets cut to chase chaps,it's only 4ozs,i'd eat the whole lot including the wrapper(good source of fibre)in one sitting:yum:!!

Harry...do you like Shreddies?

Steve loved them to bits, but you cant get them here in Oz, which upsets him to no end!

You can get them from the British online shops but they cost a fortune and the postage :rolleyes:

Just wondering if you like them too?

prophylactics? but i thought they w.....anyway, lets cut to chase chaps,it's only 4ozs,i'd eat the whole lot including the wrapper(good source of fibre)in one sitting:yum:!!

Harry, that chocolate bar is for baking. Dark chocolate and no sugar in it at all. I hope you like bitter, bitter chocolate. :ohmy:

doh!! i do addie...but maybe not that bitter:wacko:!!

The company that makes that chocolate is located in San Fransico in California. They have excellent products. They have a giant sign on top of their building that has become a landmark. That choclate bar, you have to add two cups of sugar for one ounce of chocolate. :yum:

The company that makes that chocolate is located in San Fransico in California. They have excellent products. They have a giant sign on top of their building that has become a landmark. That choclate bar, you have to add two cups of sugar for one ounce of chocolate. :yum:
hmmm,that is bitter!!

The one ounce is a compromise with my blood sugars...:rolleyes:

No...it not unsweetened, 70% is considered bittersweet, I'm up to 88%, soon I'll be able to eat all I want of unsweetened chocolate.:D

you dark horse,steve;)!! my money's on this being only the tip of the kroll iceberg.....bet there's more to come................
The pretzel is more my guilty pleasure than the other things. I'm a sucker for salty treats. The fruit bars belong to the missus and the crunch cereal belongs to my college-age daughter, who is home for the summer. I've snuck some of each, though. :angel:

c'mon, steve, don't be a douche.

if you love salty things ,and aren't above the rank and file (although i think our "engilsh army" could use some soap, ahem privates bolas, harry, and lieutenant gq" ) try just a coupla doritos.

doritos.jpg

i will even send you the money to buy a bag. i promise.

(the apple is extra...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom