Gum Powders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I have been trying to find gum base for a while now. Maybe the term gum base is vague on its own. All I have been able to find is companies selling gum base in mass, with minimum orders of 500 kgs or higher.

I'm looking at a couple things right now, and I need to know if Tragacanth gum powder, or Arabic gum powder can be used as a gum base for my bubble gum.

Thanks

That's funny. This site is selling goods from the site/company I buy my flavours from. The only different set is the bubblegum set. lorannoils.com

I see the gum base. Thank you!

That's funny. This site is selling goods from the site/company I buy my flavours from. The only different set is the bubblegum set. lorannoils.com

I see the gum base. Thank you!

Sure thing. I just finished making some saltwater taffy using a recipe for lorannoils.com. It called for 2 cups sugar, 1 cup corn syrup, 2tbsp cornstartch, 2tbsp butter, and 1 tsp salt. I did apple flavoured, and added some green colour. I stretched it out and cut them into bite sized pieces. Theyre pretty chewy, but very sticky, and it tastes a little too buttery to me.

Back
Top Bottom