Ham spread??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry

Senior Cook
I hesitate to call this Ham Spread :shock:

I caught the end of Paula's Home cooking today and she made a ham spread.

I didn't catch the quanities but she diced the ham and put in a blinder and minced it. The she added BUTTER and blinded it with the ham.

Doesn't soumd like something I would go for. :roll:

Charlie

1 cup ham, 4 Tblsp butter

Yeah, this certainly isn't a sandwich spread!

But, if you've ever split and buttered a hot biscuit and put in a slice of fried ham ... it's about the same thing.

That doesn't sound appetizing to me either. I bet there are other recipes out there with more interesting ingredients and flavor combinations.

Here is a recipe that I had found on the internet at recipezaar. I have not tried it, but one of you may want to.

Ham-Spread
4-6 servings
5 minutes 3 mins prep

10 ounces ham, roughly diced
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons dry sherry
salt, pepper

Put ham into blender bowl and mix until fine.
Add the other ingredients and mix until you get a smooth paste.
Use spatula if necessary.

Did anyone catch Paula today with the baked cola ham and hot biscuits?

The reason I mention it is because it made me think about this topic ...

She took a hot biscuit, split it in half, slathered it up with butter, and stuck in a slice of ham - and as she took a bite you could see the butter dripping out and running down her arm.

Well, my Nanny and Grandpa didn't have a food processor "way back when" so we just did it the way Paula did it today ... the food processor thing is just another way to get to the same point by taking a different path ....

LOL - I think it's a 'Southern' thing; I've had ham 'n butter biscuits all over here - they're really pretty delicious! And Southerners looooove 'deviled ham', so I can see how the thought for this came about!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom