Hamburger Success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to add the "kitchen sink" of spices to my burgers, work the heck out of them, throw them on the grill and end up with charred hockey pucks. Now they are handled very gently to just form the patty, S&P only, cooked on the cool side of the grill and finally seared on the hot side. If adding cheese, they go back on the cool side until it just starts to melt.:yum:

another variation from standard american burgers was that we got to put a-1 or hp steak sauce on them instead of just ketchup.

I usually want just mustard, ketchup and pickles on my burgers, but when I have the occasional bacon-cheeseburger, it *has* to have A-1 sauce.

I usually want just mustard, ketchup and pickles on my burgers, but when I have the occasional bacon-cheeseburger, it *has* to have A-1 sauce.

If pan fried, I use A1, or Lee & Perrins, or ketchup, with any of the above, spicey mustard, sweet pickle relish, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onion, or any combination thereof.

If grilled, Lettuce, A1, and a tomato, or simply the burger with a little A1. I let the flavor of the burger dominate with just a bit of S&P.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My favorite burger toppings are homemade "ketchup" (more like a spicy tomato/habanero chutney), pickles, and tomato, if in season.

Once in a while, if I'm in a bacon mood, I'll use blue cheese and Famous Dave's BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. Something about bacon, blue cheese, and BBQ sauce together is a great combo. :yum:

My favorite burger toppings are homemade "ketchup" (more like a spicy tomato/habanero chutney), pickles, and tomato, if in season.

Once in a while, if I'm in a bacon mood, I'll use blue cheese and Famous Dave's BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. Something about bacon, blue cheese, and BBQ sauce together is a great combo. :yum:

I love bacon on my burger along with egg and tomato. Also occasionally a pineapple slice. What is your homemade ketchup recipe if you don't mind me asking, Steve?

Back
Top Bottom