Have about 1 c. seafood broth---- what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
I steamed mussels last night (yum!) and have about one cup of the broth left over and want to make something using it. (It contains chicken broth, white wine, garlic, parsley, s & p.)

Any ideas? Simple ones? Or I could just make some garlic toast and dunk that into it.:yum:

Since I'm having shellfish tonight and I have a cup or more of fish stock, I will steam rice using fish stock and jalapeno peppers.

You could poach some small shrimp in it, add some garlic croutons, and have a nice little cup of soup for an appetizer or snack.

Last edited:
Well, with the chicken broth, what comes to mind for me would be to put it in some sort of sauce that you could serve with a chicken dish.

All the suggestions sound good but poaching a few shrimp/prawns in it sounds good right now.

I never thought of using it to cook more rice---- but you've put an idea in my head for later.

Freezing it is the most practical suggestion---- because things I don't use right away get shoved to the back of my fridge shelves to develop into the most interesting science experiments! :ohmy: Lavender and green are the more prevalent colors! :LOL:

All the suggestions sound good but poaching a few shrimp/prawns in it sounds good right now.

I never thought of using it to cook more rice---- but you've put an idea in my head for later.

Freezing it is the most practical suggestion---- because things I don't use right away get shoved to the back of my fridge shelves to develop into the most interesting science experiments! :ohmy: Lavender and green are the more prevalent colors! :LOL:

You have to name them if they are mobile...but, you can claim them on your income tax.

I would freeze it for later.

Nice dilemma to have. My first thought is to freeze it until I find a perfect use for it.

My suggestion also. I have about 3 cups in my fridge right now. I have had mussels twice and saved the liquor both times.
It has a tomato base, not chicken stock.

Will work well with some linguine and good bread.

Back
Top Bottom