Having tea for the Royal Wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coverage starts at 1am here.....I'm setting it to record, so I can watch when I get up. Yes, I've bought into the hype :D and looking forward to it.
I only like my tea iced. ;) No crumpets thank you.

Coverage starts at 1am here.....I'm setting it to record, so I can watch when I get up. Yes, I've bought into the hype :D and looking forward to it.
I only like my tea iced. ;) No crumpets thank you.
Ahhh Kayelle no crumpets? I love them toasted,buttered and then ya put several slices of canadian bacon sauteed in butter on top YUM:)
kades

Andy, not quite. I certainly won't be getting up at 4 to watch the extravaganza nor will I be having a tea in their honor. It really gets me that it was a major deal for Diana to be checked out by a doctor to prove she was a virgin and these two have been living together for who knows how long.

Andy, not quite. I certainly won't be getting up at 4 to watch the extravaganza nor will I be having a tea in their honor. It really gets me that it was a major deal for Diana to be checked out by a doctor to prove she was a virgin and these two have been living together for who knows how long.

Well, mine was just a general observation. As with all general observations (including this one), there are exceptions.

About the rest of it, I may not approve but no one cares what I think. It's part of their tradition and if you want to play you have to agree to the rules.

I doubt I'll have tea in their honor, but I'll certainly have a glass of wine!

...any excuse for a glass of wine! :LOL:

Clotted cream substitute

I am committed to providing the food for my wife's Royal Wedding party Friday at 4AM. I am making the traditional tea served at the Hotel Dorchester in London.

One problem. I have not been able to find clotted cream and I understand why. But I have found Double Devonshire Cream. It is really thick and creamy but not very sweet.

If I mixed up some heavy whipping cream to very stiff peaks do you think I might be able to fold in the Devonshire cream and have the mixture hole the volume for a few hours?

No way am I getting up to watch this let's try again. Once was enough for me. It's just not my cuppa!!!:LOL:
kades

I am committed to providing the food for my wife's Royal Wedding party Friday at 4AM. I am making the traditional tea served at the Hotel Dorchester in London.

One problem. I have not been able to find clotted cream and I understand why. But I have found Double Devonshire Cream. It is really thick and creamy but not very sweet.

If I mixed up some heavy whipping cream to very stiff peaks do you think I might be able to fold in the Devonshire cream and have the mixture hole the volume for a few hours?

Try one cup of heavy cream and 1/3 cup sour cream with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Beat the heavy cream until it thickens then add sour cream and sugar. Continue beating until very thick. Chill. I would make it shortly before serving time.

Try one cup of heavy cream and 1/3 cup sour cream with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Beat the heavy cream until it thickens then add sour cream and sugar. Continue beating until very thick. Chill. I would make it shortly before serving time.

Thank you. If sour cream will work then I think the Devonshire cream should work. The key, thank you very much, is whipping the cream until it is thickened but not airy fluffed.

I'm taping it - I have a slight curiosity but not enough to get up at that time. As for tea and crumpets, I'll go for that - makes a nice breakfast! :)

I just got flamed a bit at Serious Eats (along with other folks) for making light of the wedding. The topic title was "What are you making for the Royal Wedding?" and my response was "I didn't realize it was potluck--you saved me heaps of embarrassment."

No, I'll be sleeping.

I just got flamed a bit at Serious Eats (along with other folks) for making light of the wedding. The topic title was "What are you making for the Royal Wedding?" and my response was "I didn't realize it was potluck--you saved me heaps of embarrassment."

No, I'll be sleeping.

:LOL: Love it!!!! ~~~~ Sweet dreams!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom