Heart shaped cooking pan time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rub3n

Assistant Cook
Hello, I'm new to this forum, But I need some Quick help about this Pan i have (cake pan) I was wondering about how long i should cook it for??

(it is a heart shaped bake pan)
Its dimensions are 7inches by 7 inches from the top of the heart vertical and from the widest part of the heart horizontal(the fattest part near top where the heart curves) thats from the outside edges.

If anyone has any ideas or anything please let me know asap

p.s its a metal pan....

As I recall, baking a cake until it is done has no relationship to the shape of the pan, but whether the cake is finishing cooking or not. It is the cake that you want to concern yourself with, not the pan. And that is usually determined by testing the very center of the cake (the part farthest away fron the edge) with a tooth pick or skewer and seeing whether it comes out cleanly or has raw batter clinging to it. Once it tests clean, the cake is done. Enjoy your cake.

If your recipe has a time for an 8x8 pan that should be fine. I use heart shaped pans all the time and I just use the time listed on the recipe. Maybe check 5 minutes early thats all.

thank you so much.... i made 3 now and they all turned out perfect. thank you very much!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom