Help: Blueberry Syrup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

her_name_is_ed

Assistant Cook
made some blueberry syrup today and the hubband was putting it away after breakfast and asked: "how long will this last in the fridge?"

beats me!:(

what say you:question:

Homemade syrup has not preservatives in it so, depending on the sugar concentration, will probably only last a couple weeks. But good syrup should never reach its life expectancy. :)

Homemade syrup has not preservatives in it so, depending on the sugar concentration, will probably only last a couple weeks. But good syrup should never reach its life expectancy. :)

You're right! The day after I made it the pectin in the fruit set up and made my syrup into a nice little jelly. An unexpected surprise that made for some delicious peanut butter and jelly sammies yesterday. My husband is in heaven :)

That's a happy accident! For next time, leave out the pectin if you really want syrup instead of jelly or jam.

I was refering to the natural pectin in the fruit. I did not add any to the syrup but it set up very nicey on it's own. I've done this with strawberries and apples for a quick jam in the past. Very easy and very nums.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom