Help! what to cook for picky eater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To all who say she should not cater for his picky eating, remember there could be medical reason and yes having autism can cause picky eating, severe picky eating.

You know, that's actually very interesting. As I said, I'm a picky eater and I have Asperger Syndrome. Although I credit a lot of my pickiness to being a super taster.

When I first heard about people who were super tasters, I laughed my head off. Then I had the litmus test and the paper tasted awful. And then I read some of the things that super tasters don't like: coffee and vegetables taste bitter, things with sugar taste too sweet, etc. and for me they nailed it on the head with every one.

I'm not laughing any more.

rodentraiser, I have friends who refuses to eat food with soft texture or crispy and I am not going be so rude give my guest a panic attack just because it my way or the high way.

If I as hostess bring any one into my home for a good meal, I as hostess should try to make the experience as pleasant as possible.
That it what is says in my old Betty Cocker cookbook, having guest over cant have change that much.

CakePoet, I think all of us try to accommodate the food likes and needs of guests. However, from the little bit of information that the elusive Ada gave us, her extra body at the dinner table isn't so much a guest as a long-term boarder. If I had someone moving into my house and eating at my table for four years, I would expect that they would either eat the same foods I make for my family, within reason, or fix their own "special" diet. I would go nuts cooking two different meals over the course of 1461 consecutive dinners!

And I wouldnt go nuts, because I am used to special diet and I prefer people to be happy. It is also a challenge and I accept it.

WoW! Sounds like a foreign exchange student, but for four years? My patience would run thin after a bit. I like the suggestion of baking a tater and a chicken leg while you make your own meal as you usually would. Eventually, he will get tired of that. It might push him to expand his tastes. Try serving his carrots raw and julienned. Might as well go with the things he does heat. If you're grilling, throw on a burger and you enjoy the ribs. This kind of rude behavior - I feel for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom