Help with buying Cookware Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmsouth1

Assistant Cook
I really need some help in buying a new cookware set. I bought one of Rachel Ray's off QVC and I'm having second thoughts about it. I'm thinking about trying stainless steel instead of a non-stick finish but I have never cooked with it. I'm worried about it sticking when you cook something like soup that you are not constantly watching.

Here's one by a good brand that I was considering.Whatever I get, I want to pay around $200.
ttp://www.foodnetworkstore.com/p-668982-0 89 395-Cookware-Sets_Cuisinart-Cookware-Set.aspx?hid%3d89

I would really appreciate any help. I've never had any really decent pans and I want to make the right choice.

Thanks, Toni :chef:

toni, check out the cookware forums on DC. There is a lot of discussion on what's good and not so good. The Cuisinart is a decent set.

before you buy a set of a type you haven't cooked with or are familiar with, borrow a friends or cook with a friend who has something like it to see how you like it.

Enamel over iron pots are great. Mostly Belgian and Switzerland made, what I have. I have a combination of pots and pans. I like USA cast iron pans and I like the European enamel iron pots to go with.

Back
Top Bottom