HELPPPP - emulsifiers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkaholic

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I am a newbie for baking.

Can someone please tell me, where I can get emulsifiers at?

Thank you.

All kinds of things act as emulsifiers. It is a process that brings together disparate ingredients, like oil and vinegar. Mustard in a dressing acts as an emulsifier in a basic vinaigrette, for instance.
So, one can get "emulsifiers" at the grocery store.

pink - if you let us know what recipe you are making it might help. If you give us a little snippet of the recipe that mentions emulsifiers we will have a better understanding of what you are wanting.

Depending on what the OP is cooking, an emulsifier can be different things. As Jennyema mentioned, when baking an emulsifier might be an egg. In a vinaigrette an emulsifier is mustard (mainly Dijon mustard), though it could also be an egg. We're talking about an ingredient here versus "to emulsify".

Emulsification isn't really a technique, it's, like Wyogal pointed out, the scientific process of combining two unblendable liquids -- in cooking they are primarily oil and water .

An emulsifier is something that helps the emulsion hold together. Like mustard or honey in a salad dressing or eggs in a batter or in mayonnaise.

Emulsification isn't really a technique, it's, like Wyogal pointed out, the scientific process of combining two unblendable liquids -- in cooking they are primarily oil and water .

An emulsifier is something that helps the emulsion hold together. Like mustard or honey in a salad dressing or eggs in a batter or in mayonnaise.
Thank you very much for pointing that out Jenny, By the way I've been doing Emulsification ever since I've moved it. and it's pretty much child play, You have to pretty much keep tasting until you get the right consistency you want.

Wow! That was a picture perfect explaination!

Back
Top Bottom