hmmm tin foil.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
I was wondering if anyone has used those Reynolds tinfoil hot bags for on the grill or oven? Do they work good. For some reason I thought I was told they arent worth it....

Is there any secret to them not exploding ect....

tannis, I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you're talking about but my aunt and uncle swear by the Reynolds roasting bags. They're plastic, not tin foil. They use them any time they cook a roast, ham, or turkey in the oven. They're supposed to lock the moisture in and sort of self baste the meat. I've never used one because when I roast something I usually go way overboard and buy a turkey or piece of meat so big it doesn't fit in the bag! :pig:

pa they do make the tin foil ones so you can use them on the grill. i myself haven't tried them so i really can't say tannis.

If they are what I think they are I seem to remember people saying they were not worth the money since you could make then yourself with regular aluminum foil.

There was some here so thought I would use one since we had no tinfoil.....we'll see how the spuds will turn out

I heard they work great, just not worth the cost, so your spuds should be excellent.

PA Baker said:
tannis, I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you're talking about but my aunt and uncle swear by the Reynolds roasting bags. They're plastic, not tin foil. They use them any time they cook a roast, ham, or turkey in the oven. They're supposed to lock the moisture in and sort of self baste the meat. I've never used one because when I roast something I usually go way overboard and buy a turkey or piece of meat so big it doesn't fit in the bag! :pig:

I think that I've seen turkey size bags...:):)

Spuds truned out awesome tonight....little odd on the spices but its hard to pay attention...I aint one for actually measuring these things, I just throw it in and call it good....But they were so tender and nummy!

Thanks.....oh and those oven bags...im told they work good...the plastic ones

I used to use the plastic ones quite a bit. They work great, but be really careful in opening them, because you can burn the devil out of your fingers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom