Holiday Lifetimes(in the refrigerator)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debthecook

Senior Cook
Turkey: 2 days
Ham: 3-4 days
Stuffing: 1-2 days
Cranberry Sauce: 7 days
Mashed Potatoes: 1-2 days
Egg Nog: 4-5 days
Pumpkin Pie: 2-3 days
Cold Cut trays: 3 days
Sweet Potatoes: 7 days
Fruit Cake: Unknown.

Source: Whirlpool HomeLife Network Services

Comments?

If we have a lot of leftovers, I just package them up and freeze them (ham,turkey, cold cuts). The rest gets tossed, after a few days.

I don't make a turkey or ham,that is my Grandma's job.. lol. But, she freezes any turkey or ham that she knows she's not going to use right away. She does a zillion things with the turkey and ham.. I love her ham salad for sammiches. With the turkey, she makes everything from soup to a casserole. With the mashed taters (which there isn't any, usually), she makes potato pancakes... and there is NEVER any stuffing left.

marmalady said:
"Fruit Cake: Unknown. " - LOL! Don'cha know there's only one fruitcake in the world - it just keeps getting passed around? :LOL:

That's why it's listed as "Unknown"! It hasn't gone bad yet, so they don't know if it's even reached it's nuclear half-life! Maybe they never do??

John

marmalady said:
"Fruit Cake: Unknown. " - LOL! Don'cha know there's only one fruitcake in the world - it just keeps getting passed around? :LOL:
You beat me to it - my sentiments exactly!

i guess i should be asahmed to admit it, but i keep foods well sealed in the fridge for up to 2 weeks sometimes. i have a very good nose for when things go bad, so if it smells ok, i eat it. i have never gotten food poisoning, so i guess it's has been ok. (ok, i really almost never get ashamed either..)

I don't know why fruitcake continues to get a bum rap. There are some "gourmet" fruitcakes out there that are moist and delicious.

Back
Top Bottom