Homemade Hummus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make it all the time and it should last at least a week, mine doesn't usually, but only because it gets eaten very quickly around here.

If your fridge cools below 40* and you have a goo seal on your container it should last at least a week.

I can, but not with any authority. I have only made it once myself and it was gone in 2 days. I would guess that everyone who said about a week would be right on. I might even say a week and a half because of the lemon juice in it.

What's the shelf life for home made hummus? Will it last a week? Three to five days?

I love making all of those sorts of dips... Hummus, baba ganoush, tabbouleh... MMMM!!!!

Personally, my home made dips don't have tahini in it. I'm not sure if that has any impact on the shelf life of the dip, but a general rule of thumb I follow for any dips is about 5 days MAX. Home made is very different from store bought when it comes to storage. These store bought ones are made and packaged to sit on a shelf for a while.

With freezing, it will work if you wrap and seal it properly, however it will taste different when thawed. I'd say to just stick with making as much as you'd consume in about 5 days though. You can always store the extra chick peas in a tupperware container in the fridge for a while... And then just make a second fresh batch later on...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom