Hot Air Popper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ross101

Assistant Cook
I have a popcorn question but wasn’t sure which forum it should be under but anyway, I bought a Presto hot air popper. I’m for the most part happy with it except that the popped corn doesn’t have that crispiness that microwave bag popcorn has. Any suggestions?

Hi, Ross. Welcome to DC.

We had a hot-air popper and gave it away 'cause it didn't produce the quality of popcorn we wanted. Initially got it because it popped the corn without the use of oil/fat.

I can't help you with your query, but wait a while. I'm sure someone will come along with some information for you.

I use mine solely to make edible popcorn for packing when I don't have any styrofoam to reuse and recyle.

I have read that some folks have used theirs to roast green coffee beans.

I had one once... Personally I didn't like the results...I liked the "no oil" concept, but could never figure out how to make crsipy popcorn.

I've been using a presto air pop corn popper since I first received one as a wedding present in 1974. I am on my third one. My suggestion?...get used to it! It does not make crisp pop corn. I put so much butter on it, it does not matter to me. I like how quick and easy it is to make pop corn with it, with no additives, I want to add my own additives!

Back
Top Bottom