Hot weather, no a/c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many people did you get, Princess?:LOL:

How you mean? There were so many I couldn't count and they don't have a total for all from today and how many there will be tomorrow. I bet there were well over 2 thousand walkers/runners today. There will be many more tomorrow, seems alot of folks have showed up from around the country as part of their training for the Boston marathon.

I met lots of people from all over, today was the day for mostly amateurs (like me) to run, not the serious marathoners. I personally treated about 175 people, we didn't need any EMT's today.:)

I was just trying for a laugh:

"I had a 12 pack-size cooler today that was filled with ice and bandanas, traded them out for people. Worked great."

I was just trying for a laugh:

"I had a 12 pack-size cooler today that was filled with ice and bandanas, traded them out for people. Worked great."

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Now that I read it again...Enough for a football team!:LOL:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Now that I read it again...Enough for a football team!:LOL:

I'll remember next time to quote. I thought I was posting right after you, but that turned out not to be the case, also my post ended up at the top of the next page. Glad you got a laugh, that was my intention.:LOL:

I live in NY now, but I'm from the Central Valley in California, and I will not fire up the oven in the summer. We have A/C, but I just won't heat up the house. We have huge BBQ, a smoker, and we just got a smallish gas grill at Big Lots. I also have been known to carry the crockpot out to the front porch. And we eat salads and cold soup. Gazpacho, anyone?

I do roast my tomatoes for my canned sauce, so I fire the oven up in the early morning for that. Seems to be better than simmering in a big pot for hours to thicken. Other than that, no oven and no long simmering soups or stews. Those wait til winter.

I live in NY now, but I'm from the Central Valley in California, and I will not fire up the oven in the summer. We have A/C, but I just won't heat up the house. We have huge BBQ, a smoker, and we just got a smallish gas grill at Big Lots. I also have been known to carry the crockpot out to the front porch. And we eat salads and cold soup. Gazpacho, anyone?

gazpacho? by all means - it's what's for breakfast today, with refills throughout the day no doubt. but i'll use my oven all summer long for the b-day cake, sure, but also for any major food craving that comes along--peach or blueberry cobbler, pork roast, pizza, roast potatoes, brownies, etc. i will plan these baking whims for early in the morning, but i'm not waiting til october for a favorite meatloaf or soup. when it comes to food, gratification comes sooner rather than later for me - almost every time....:) i stopped apologizing for being a "foodie" a long time ago.

Last edited:
My oven isn't what heats things up, it's new (2 years) and apparently well insulated. It's making stock or soup that really heats things up.

Early morning works for me. If I don't get started early, I wait for the next day. It really isn't worth heating up my place, not to mention the additional humidity.

selling air conditioners would be a profitable business right about now--fans and swimming pools too. the temperature has been hovering at about 100 deg. every day for a week or more here--hi at up to 110. not hearing much from our canadian, s.a. and english friends lately, you lucky dogs....:)

well, the heat has finally broken, and i'm flinging windows open wide, gulping in fresh air by the lungfuls, looking for a sweater to wear....my subaru's a/c that went kaput in july can just stay that way now until next summer--july's electric bill will no doubt bring us a kilowatt horror show that will surpass all previous box office records of this new millennium....

...July's electric bill will no doubt bring us a kilowatt horror show that will surpass all previous box office records of this new millennium....

Oh yes, the horror of it all!!!
icon9.gif
icon8.gif
Last month's bill nearly sent me into cardiac arrest with being even more than it was last summer. This next billing is bound to rival a significant portion of the national debt!
icon13.gif

Oh yes, the horror of it all!!!
icon9.gif
icon8.gif
Last month's bill nearly sent me into cardiac arrest with being even more than it was last summer. This next billing is bound to rival a significant portion of the national debt!
icon13.gif

at least you and i, selkie, we will bite that bullet, no? u.s. congress, take note....:)

still no a.c. today, none yesterday. they are still working on putting in the new one. i have ceiling fans in every room but it is still hot. sucks up all my energy. i will be wonderful when done, so am trying to be patient.

still no a.c. today, none yesterday. they are still working on putting in the new one. i have ceiling fans in every room but it is still hot. sucks up all my energy. i will be wonderful when done, so am trying to be patient.

sure seems like various people've been trying your patience a lot lately, babetoo.:)hang in there and it'll soon be okay....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom