How Are You Social Distancing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief. I lost my youngest daughter Saturday morning. She was 37 years old.
My Sunday was horrible and it still is today.
Sometimes we have a bad day and we vent and things get better. My daughter is not coming back to me.
I would give anything to be able to have just a plain ole bad day.

So sorry :unhappy:

Sometimes we have a bad day and we vent and things get better. My daughter is not coming back to me.

This is terrible. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss.

Having lost my son, just a couple of years older than your daughter, I believe I understand a portion of your loss..

My heart goes out to you..

Ross

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss, RB. It's so hard losing someone you love.

I'm so very sorry for you loss, RB. I can't even imagine the grief you must be going through. :heart::heart:

Roll-Bones; I am so sorry for what you are going through. I can't even imagine the pain of losing one of my children. I can only say that though you will always feel that loss, and miss your daughter, the memories of the blessing that she was in your life will sustain you in time. I believe in an afterlife, and that I will again be with those who have passed before me. I don't know your beliefs. I can only hope that you have others around you who can love you, and support you in this time of sorrow.

My trials seem trivial by comparison. Just once in a while, I get kind of tired of the constant struggles. I wish you well, and blessings to help make this time easier for you.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm spending most of the time with family and kitchen.
Learned various dishes and tips to improve the taste.

I only "go out" for groceries, once a week, to take the trash to the dump when needed, or make emergency runs (yesterday we realized we were out of drain cleaner and broke the plunger... long story).

Otherwise I keep to the house or yard. I've been working in the yard or garden almost every day, for about an hour weekdays after work, just to get out of the house.

Have not ventured out to walk the neighborhood but I think that will be starting soon.

Tonight and tomorrow I have to make facemasks for us. Order from the Governor that we must wear facemasks when out shopping or in stores. I have been using some old surgical masks we had leftover from years of visiting nurses but the order says those are to be for medical personnel and first responders so I don't want to chance it. Hopefully the sewing machine still works and I have some elastic somewhere or maybe old shoelaces.

Oh the skills we have to resurrect these days. [emoji6]

... snipped ...

Tonight and tomorrow I have to make facemasks for us. ....

Dave, I found this method so easy! No Sew!! I found 3 banadanas in my dresser-draws and seeing as I have long-ish hair, hair ties are abundant in our house .... just a thought ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjTAdUEFwK4

<edit> I also found this ... "Bandana (or handkerchief or piece of cloth) + hair ties. That’s all you need. So easy! Whoever invented this ... Thank you!
ADDITIONAL INFO: you can insert a “non-woven cloth” in the middle of the mask like wet tissues that are dried to act as a filter. Someone also suggested coffee filters, gauze, air condition filter, or vacuum bag with HEPA filter. Stay safe
"

Last edited:
These comments are copied from my recent post on the thread for "...concern about the coronavirus...." - as this thread is where I feel it should have been put in the first place - sorry for the duplication.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for inadvertently initiating a light discussion about grocery shopping during the COVID pandemic, this in the thread for "Dinner thread for Wed. 15th" - that thread wasn't the place for that commentary, but I'd like to add a bit to it here:

For those of you who have read my comments in that thread, I mentioned that upon my DW returning home from grocery shopping, together we regularly quickly disinfect all of our grocery "packaging" - (i.e. the container boxes, the cans, the bread or meat wrappers, etc. - this done simply with just dish soap in hot water) in the event, however minimal, that an asymptomatic other shopper just before my wife, had touched &/or coughed droplets onto another cereal box, food container, bread wrapper, whatever- left on a store shelf -
this being done because some medical experts here in Canada have said the virus droplets may survive up to several days on some surfaces - cardboard for one, being an example.

I also went on to say that as for 'groceries' per se - whether it be any pieces of fruit or vegetables - we have always washed/rinsed any such groceries before consumption or putting away temporarily, and continue to do so during this pandemic.

You may consider this to be somewhat paranoid, but I even wash my hands after handling & having read the morning newspaper which I fetched from the stoop - in the unlikely event the delivery person who placed the paper on the porch may feel well but be asymptomatic with the virus, and be contagious.

Am interested in any comments about how you other folks feel about these or other measures being taken to protect yourselves to lessen the risk of infection ?

"You may consider this to be somewhat paranoid"

No RMM.. It isn't paranoia.. Its what you have decided is right for you and that's completely OK..

We also go through a majority of steps which we believe to be correct for us..

Its all good and there is no reason to believe differently.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom