How much flour and water for 1 meal noodles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babaliaris

Cook
I want to try to make noodles tomorrow for breakfast but I'm not sure how much water and flour should I use. When it comes to cooking, I have two weaknesses. Desserts and dough recipes. Though in the past I tried making pizza dough and I learned a few things like one cup of water is actually too much for one person pizza and that if you don't knead the dough enough it just doesn't cook properly...

Anyway, back to my original question, how should I do it for one person meal? I would like to skip the eggs. My ingredients should be water, salt and all purpose flour, that's all I got.

Thank you ��

I would use about 75 grams of flour. I just add a tiny amount of water and mix it with the flour. I add a little more water and mix some more. I keep doing that until it looks like it will hold together. Then knead it well. Roll it out. And cut it into noodles. Then boil it for 2 to 3 minutes in briskly boiling, salted water. To cut it into noodles, I would very lightly flour the sheet of dough; roll it loosely; and cut it with a very sharp knife. Cut the rolled dough the short way, not the long way.

IMG-20210214-115605.jpg

This is the result of the dough. It's not perfect, it has some cracks on the surface of the ball. I can't understand how in YouTube they make it so perfect...

Result:

I changed my mind and made Ramen (My Greek Alternative Ramen):

Noodles:
1613323608822.jpg

Noodles Boiled (I over boiled them...):
1613323608819.jpg

What I used for making vegetable broth:
1613323608812.jpg

Ramen before the vegetable broth and the soya sauce:
1613323608809.jpg

Final Result:
1613323608806.jpg

I think the Ginger was a mistake lol (I added a little inside the vegetable broth)

The vegetable broth tasted like (I'm forced to drink it). I think it's the Ginger... The recipe didn't tell me to add ginger...

Also, I didn't have Sesame oil (the recipe required it for the broth). Maybe I should add olive oil next time and see how it tastes!!!

Edited:
After I ate a lot of it, yeap it's the ginger that spoils the taste...

LOL I can't drink it... I'm gonna throw it away...

Can you spot the mistake? All the ingredients for the broth where:
1) A half onion
2) 1 leek (the non-eatable parts)
3) The peeled surface of one carrot.
4) The inside of one zucchini
5) Two tablespoons of Soya Sauce.
6) Ginger.

Maybe also these were too much for one meal.

Last edited:
How much broth did you make? That looks like a lot of vegetables for one serving. I would expect that much veg to make about two liters. I wouldn't include the soy sauce in the broth but I would add it to taste when serving.

Until you have more experience with cooking, it's really a good idea to make a recipe as written the first time. Then you can decide if you want to do something different next time.

How much broth did you make? That looks like a lot of vegetables for one serving. I would expect that much veg to make about two liters. I wouldn't include the soy sauce in the broth but I would add it to taste when serving.

Until you have more experience with cooking, it's really a good idea to make a recipe as written the first time. Then you can decide if you want to do something different next time.

Yes, I overdid it a little with the vegetables. Probably this gave a very strong flavor + the ginger and this is why it was undrinkable... I also opened a new thread for the ramen problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom