How to get rid of ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbreit

Cook
One of the problems I have with cooking is I will buy some ingredients and use some for the recipe. But then I have no use for it unless I put effort forth in getting rid of it. Does anyone know of a web site I can input a bunch of ingredients and it finds recipes online which use the ingredients?

I'm sure there is a website somewhere, but, just ask us!!!! If you have an ingredient or ingredients left over just tell us what they are...we'll come up with lots of ideas. See the forum titled I only have "these" ingredients

Or just post in the General Cooking Questions forum something you have left over.

Allrecipes also allows you to alter your search to specific ingredients that you want and do not want.
kraftfoods does as well

Last edited by a moderator:
As you get more experienced with cooking, you'll find ways to combine or substitute ingredients in other recipes. Also, I make a weekly menu so I'll have a good grocery list and part of my menu planning is to make sure I use up ingredients later in the week. Or I'll freeze them, if appropriate, and use them later.

Yep, GG has it right. If I'm going to buy a bunch of cilantro I will already have in mind a couple recipes that use it i.e., black beans and rice, pico de gallo, white chicken enchiladas, etc., etc.

I also like to use the advanced Google search and enter something like:

chicken, sherry

then pick a website you want to search. I chose Discuss Cooking!!! Look what I found with those two words - click here :chef:

Recipezaar using the same search words.

Just go to the Google homepage and click on Advanced Search. Self-explanatory after that.

Tomato paste and anchovies are my pet peeves in this category.
Tomato Paste is great to turn into tomato juice just by the addition of water (1:4), 4 cans water to 1 can of paste, and then spice it up to your evening likening. Of course if you can get your hands on Tomato Paste in a tube, waste is not an issue.

Anchovies get individually frozen for some future small need.

Tomato Paste is great to turn into tomato juice just by the addition of water (1:4), 4 cans water to 1 can of paste, and then spice it up to your evening likening. Of course if you can get your hands on Tomato Paste in a tube, waste is not an issue.

Anchovies get individually frozen for some future small need.

People eat anchovies? I thought they were bait.
Just kidding! Yes, planning ahead for a week to ten days really helps with the overabundance of leftover ingredients and helps the budget as well. Also, sometimes you can freeze or keep some things.

Tomato paste and anchovies are my pet peeves in this category.

The best way to get rid of anchovies is to give them to me so I can eat them. I love anchovies.

I love how Whole Foods now sells the unsalted "boquerones" in the little oil packs. SO GOOD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom