How to make your own aloe vera gel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

la guera loca

Assistant Cook
Things You’ll Need:
  • Paring knife
  • Fresh aloe vera leaves
  • Vegetable peeler
  • Spoon
  • Blender
  • Vitamin C tablets or powder
  • Vitamin E gel capsules
  • Small glass jar with tight fitting lid
Step 1:
Use a paring knife to carefully cut off the spiked edges of a large outer aloe vera leaf. With a vegetable peeler, remove the skin on one side of the leaf. Scoop out the inner gel-like pulp with a spoon and place it into a blender.

Step 2:
Add 500 mg of powdered vitamin C and 400 IU of vitamin E to the blender for every 1/4 cup of aloe vera pulp. You can easily crush vitamin C tablets with the back of a spoon to make powder. Vitamin E can be purchased in capsules which are easy to puncture with a knife so that you may squeeze the contents into the blender. Not only will vitamins C and E add extra health benefits to the aloe vera gel, they will help to preserve the gel for longer.

Step 3:
Blend the contents thoroughly and place the finished aloe vera gel into a small glass jar with a tight fitting lid. A few pieces of pulp may remain in the gel. If you would like perfectly smooth gel, filter the contents of the blender through a piece of cheesecloth when adding it to a jar.

Step 4:
Keep aloe vera gel in the refrigerator to keep it fresh for about 3 months.

Cheesecloth (optional)

Last edited:
lg loca, aloe is really a wonder plant if you get sunburn.

i've had a few doozies when visiting florida, but just slicing an aloe spike in half, scooping out the goo and slathering it on the burns was a miracle cure for the pain and blistering.

thanks for the info on how to make a gel to keep on hand. i never thought of adding vitamin e, another good one for your skin.

is vitamin c absorbed topically, or is it in there for another reason, like a preservative?

I don't know about the Vitamin C, I think that it can be absorbed topicaly, I've read a couple of things about it saying that it is good for skin. I do know that it does wonders for hickies!:ROFLMAO:

Hi guerra loca
this is very interesting, I used aloe vera for the colon in this way: remove the spikes and the skin on one side of the leaf, scoop out the gel, cut in small pices, wrap in foil and freeze until is hard, remove the wrap and you can swallow it, will soothe gastric problems and no taste

Last edited:
My step-mother used to sell some health food things on the order of Herba Life, they had an aloe juice that was very yummy. Strange, but yummy.

I think DW would like this. She has an Aloe Vera plant, when she wants some she just breaks off a piece and puts it on the sunburn, etc.
Having a gel would be handy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom