HUZZAH! My New Book!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gduncann

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

I've been busy and haven't been here in a long, long time. Remember me? I'm the dyslexic one who can't spell wihout a spell check.

Anyway, I hope you won't consider this spam, but I'd like to tell you that my latest cookbook,

"RETRO FIESTA, a Gringo's Guide to Mexican Party Planning"

has just come out. It is published by Collectors Press. You should be able to get it from your local bookstore or from Amazon.

Thanks for having me back.

Incidentally, my website address automatically comes up in my signiture. I haven't updated it in 2 years. Don't bother to go there. I hope to start working on it soon.

Cheers,

Geraldine Duncann

comissaryqueen said:
Huzzah? Are you a Renaissance person?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a Renaissance" person?

The word Renaissance, means re-birth. The Renaissance period in European history was called the rennaissance because it was a time of discovery, expansion of thought and a sort of "human re-birth," from the narrow mindedness of the Middle Ages or Medieval period. It is usually thought to cover the time slot from the end of the 14 hundereds to the beginning of the 16 hundereds.

The term "renaissance man" refers to one who is interested in exploring a lot of different things: the arts, the sciences, phylosophy etc.

However, ever since the inception of the origional "Renaissance Pleasure Faire," creaited and produced by Phylis Patterson in California in 1963, (southern California,) 1966, (northern California), the term has also come, rather eroniously to mean someone who participates in the Renaissance Faire.

And "Huzzah!" is a general term of exeltation like horray!

I think I qualify on all counts.

Geraldine Duncann

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom