I need help understanding these steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kur0sak195

Assistant Cook
I was trying to figure out all these steps so i was wondering if you can simplify it for me :P

4 pairs Frog's legs, cut into bite-size pieces and rubber with soy sauce
2Green capsicum, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
1Red chili, seeded and chopped
2 clovesGarlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Fermented black beans
90 ml Water

Blend together
1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 tablespoon Water

1/2 cup Oil, for deep frying

Seasoning
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 teaspoons Soy sauce
¼ MSG (optional)
¼ Sesame oil
1 tablespoon Cooking wine
  • Heat oil and deep fry frog's legs quickly for 2 minutes. Remove and drain. Set aside.
  • Heat 3 tablespoons oil in pan. Sauté chili, garlic, ginger and fermented beans till fragrant.
  • Add capsicums and stir fry
  • Return frog's legs, add water and the rest of seasoning except sesame oil and cooking wine. Cook covered for 2 minutes over high heat.
  • Stir in cornstarch mixture, sesame oil and cooking wine.
  • Dish up and serve at once.

I was trying to figure out all these steps so i was wondering if you can simplify it for me :P

4 pairs Frog's legs, cut into bite-size pieces and rubber with soy sauce
2Green capsicum, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
1Red chili, seeded and chopped
2 clovesGarlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Fermented black beans
90 ml Water

Blend together
1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 tablespoon Water

1/2 cup Oil, for deep frying

Seasoning
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 teaspoons Soy sauce
¼ MSG (optional)
¼ Sesame oil
1 tablespoon Cooking wine
  • Heat oil and deep fry frog's legs quickly for 2 minutes. Remove and drain. Set aside.
  • Heat 3 tablespoons oil in pan. Sauté chili, garlic, ginger and fermented beans till fragrant.
  • Add capsicums and stir fry
  • Return frog's legs, add water and the rest of seasoning except sesame oil and cooking wine. Cook covered for 2 minutes over high heat.
  • Stir in cornstarch mixture, sesame oil and cooking wine.
  • Dish up and serve at once.

This is basically a stir fry recipe. You cook the frog legs till about halfway (step 1) and add it to the rest of the stir fry to finish cooking (step 4). So, you'll need two woks, or a pot and a saute pan: one to deep fry the frog legs and one for the stir fry.

This is basically a stir fry recipe. You cook the frog legs till about halfway (step 1) and add it to the rest of the stir fry to finish cooking (step 4). So, you'll need two woks, or a pot and a saute pan: one to deep fry the frog legs and one for the stir fry.

so wait.... when do i ad the cornstarch?

so all i do is fry frogs legs alone, then saute the stuff, add the legs and then add cornstarch????

because i thought cornstarch was like near begining:wacko:

Put the half cup of oil in the pan to fry the legs. Remove them to paper towels. Drain out the leg oil.

Add 3 T oil back to the hot wok and sauté the peppers and garlic and beans. Return the legs and the ingredients from the seasoning list. In a bowl or cup, mix the cornstarch and water. When you add that to the ingredients in the wok, it will make a sauce. It will thicken quickly. Once it does, cook for another minute and then serve.

I nearly choked when I saw the ingredient "cooking wine" listed in this recipe. Whatever you do, DON'T use the product labeled "Cooking Wine." You will be sorry if you do. Use only wine that you would drink. Cooking wine is made with tons of sodium and is not the wine you want to put in your food. For Asian cooking I prefer sherry, but you can use any wine you want except those labeled "cooking wine."

Back
Top Bottom