If you can only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boeuf bourguignon.

just tryin' to get on the op's good side...;)

i just walked by a pizza place that smelled teriffic! so as of right now, i'd say pizza. later, it'll be what i'm craving then.

Pizza. A complete meal with proteins, fats and carbs.

Julia, the title of the thread is really different from the statement in your post.

"If you can only eat one food for the rest of your life"

vs.

What food do i like so much I could eat it every day.
What I meant with my post is I can eat bananas everyday for the rest of my life. Did I confuse you? Nevermind, my choice will still be the same anyway. I actually think bananas make me full.

What I meant with my post is I can eat bananas everyday for the rest of my life. Did I confuse you? Nevermind, my choice will still be the same anyway. I actually think bananas make me full.

I could eat ripe cantaloupe every day... of course, I can't find ripe cantaloupe every day.

If I had to pick only one food to eat for what would end up being my very short life from malnutrition, it would be the potato.

Grilled pork belly...flavored in salt and pepper, a bit of olive oil..its my ultimate favorite dish

I'd go with eggs also. Just for the many things you can do with them......hard boil them, soft boil them, scramble them, fry them sunnyside up, make crepes, omelets, etc., etc., etc.

lol, foodfiend, you reminded me of , "there's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad"... from forrest gump.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::mrgreen:, buckytom

...and "You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's...shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich....

...gotta love that bubba

This is the popular barroom discussion, "If you were stranded on an island, which one choice..."

I am very embarrassed to say on such a sophisticated forum, my choice is: instant ramen.
Bubba could no doubt come up with a hundred ways to cook it.

Even though some of my favorites include my home made chop suey, tostadas, lasagna, chimichangas, prime rib, and sushi (the list is much longer), if I had to eat the same thing every day for the rest of my life, it would probably be beef stew. Nice and meaty, lots of good vegetables, and it includes two of the things I love most in a comfort food--potatoes and gravy. :)

:)Barbara

Beef Pho. I'm not sure I could say that I'd be "happy" eating it for the rest of my life, but I'd certainly be satisfied. It just never gets old. I could use a bowl right now, as a matter of fact.

Wait! Wait! Is it one single ingredient food? Or is it one single dish? If it is one dish, I'm going back to the lobster bake! If one ingredient....eggs. :rolleyes: If a composite food counts....ice cream. :ROFLMAO:

~Kathleen

Hmmmmmmm......Green curry is possibly my favorite dish (especially homemade and left over like I ate for lunch today), but I never ever get tired of pizza. Now if we're talking about one single ingredient it'd be a coin toss between cheese and mushrooms. :)

Potatoes.. what else? They have protein, fibre, starch and lots of other goodies.
And on my last night.. I'm gonna get up and cook myself some yummy chips and eat them with bread and butter and salt....
I just know that no one will approve... but I really don't care a damn.
I've eaten what I like, when I like all my life and - after six kids and umpteen years... I still only weigh 53 kilos.
So... that's what I'm gonna eat... baked, fried, mashed, creamed.. whatever:P

Back
Top Bottom