Is there a nutrition forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoReese

Cook
I am roasting chickpeas and wondering if they retain their high levels of protein and fiber. Pretend that's in the form of a question.

Are they already cooked? I imagine the only loss by cooking in water is possible some minerals into the cooking water and some heat sensitive vitamins. If they are roasted from raw, they wouldn't lose anything into the cooking water. If they are already cooked I really doubt that they would lose anything more by roasting. Same as Pepperhead, I don't think they will lose protein or fibre by roasting.

This forum is more about taste than nutrition.
But I would love a nutrition area.

I would like a nutrition area because ultimately most of the people that eat for taste die off and the people that eat for nutrition live a little longer. And so I'm happy to be with the nutrition people.

I more of a McReese's peanut butter cup guy, but healthy is good.

lol:LOL:OH GOD peanuts and chocolate, lots of anti-oxidants. All good things.

PrincessFiona60,

I'm not vegan or celiac or diabetic or low carb/keto.

I'm nutrition based, or whole food plant based. There's a lot of not vegan/celiac/diabetic/lowcarb/keto people.

Nutrition isn't about being sick. It's about being healthy.There isn't a group of healthy people in this area.:yum:

How much controversy would there be in a "Healthy Nutrition" forum? If enough people request a "Healthy Nutrition" forum, I can ask the PTB to make a new category in the Nutrition/Diet Forum. Do I hear any "yes, please"??

Administrator PrincessFiona60. Aren't you the powers that be?

I do not have the capability to change things on the forums, that is reserved for my teammates. Besides, I know nothing about the technical and am glad for that, have enough on my plate at work.

PrincessFiona60, you are a watcher and an observer. I am also an observer but also technical as well.

You are also a medical professional, right?

I would like a nutrition area because ultimately most of the people that eat for taste die off and the people that eat for nutrition live a little longer. And so I'm happy to be with the nutrition people.

Yeah but, we have more fun. ;)

Ross

Fun is my favorite thing, until the heart attack takes all the fun out of it.;)

Been there done that. That was when I was 62. I made the decision that I preferred a fun life over a long life.

Not for everyone but, @ 82, I figure I've gotten my money's worth. If I pass tomorrow, its been well worth it. ;)

Ross

Well, that's your opinion. None of us are nutrition experts and everyone has different ideas about what is healthy to eat and why, because it varies by individual needs. Telling people that their diet is going to kill them isn't conducive to creating a comfortable, friendly environment.

Well, that's your opinion. None of us are nutrition experts and everyone has different ideas about what is healthy to eat and why, because it varies by individual needs. Telling people that their diet is going to kill them isn't conducive to creating a comfortable, friendly environment.

indeed - but it will make for spectacular food fights.

Back
Top Bottom