ISO a 'Universal Stir Fry' recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I agree with Michael. More of a technique and time management than a recipe itself.

Attachments

• stir.jpg
    stir.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 186
Ladies and Gentleman,

I found this wonderful page last year that had a universal curry recipe. It listed all the things you absolutely needed and then listed optional things to experiment with. I found it a joy to cook this way rather than slavishly following the recipe. So, now I want to move on to stir fry. Does anyone have a kind of universal stir fry recipe they use and then what are some things you can add to spice it up for variation?

Thanks!!

I am not sure if someone has posted something similar, but something that I do that is pretty universal for whatever you are cooking is this:...

whether you are cooking with chicken, beef, or pork...take the meats and place it in a bowl 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of rice vinegar, cornstarch, and sugar, and that's it.....what this will do is give you the base for a sauce for whatever type of stir fry you are making....if you wanted to make kung pao chicken, you would use that same base, but just create another bowl with some chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a couple of chiles, some gnger....you get the idea.....that base will work for almost any and all stir fry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom