ISO artificial sugar that caramelizes, such a thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi
no
i've heard from an expert in facebook that they are developing some kind of semi artificial sugar semi sugar that is very low in calories and still caramelize....
i don't have access to facebook so i can't even search.....

the guy who wrote this is a food expert and he wrote that in hebrew about a year ago..

I don't know what your goal is, but if you're after sugar free caramel sauce or caramel candy, you can make caramel with agave nectar instead of sugar.

However, if you're looking for lower calories, forget agave. Although it has a lower glycemic index and won't spike your blood sugar levels, agave nectar has the same number of calories as sugar; 16 per teaspoon.

Hi
Thanks for that
My goal was to share it with you and perhaps learning more about the project that i told you about. I dont even remember its name..

Hi
Thanks for that
My goal was to share it with you and perhaps learning more about the project that i told you about. I dont even remember its name..

OK - I honestly believe you are yanking my chain.
(Look that expression up)
What is it you are going to "share" with us? Because at this precise moment, I don´t see any sharing at all - just asking.
"The Project I told you about"
OK - please enlighten me - what´s the "project" all about? Because if we´re in a "project" together, I´d like to hear your side of the argument. Can you "share" your results so far?
"I don´t even remember its name"
Well to be brutally honest, what are you doing here if you can´t even remember the name of the project, and obviously have no idea of any goal??

Last edited:
What is it you are going to "share" with us? Because at this precise moment, I don´t see any sharing at all - just asking.
OK - please enlighten me - what´s the "project" all about? Because if we´re in a "project" together, I´d like to hear your side of the argument. Can you "share" your results so far?
Well to be brutally honest, what are you doing here if you can´t even remember the name of the project, and obviously have no idea of any goal??

Aren't you being a little harsh? I understood him perfectly.

The point of his post is that he read on facebook that someone was attempting to create an artificial sweetener that can be caramelized, which is the project to which he was referring and the information he was trying to share. He also relates that, although he read about the project, he doesn't remember what the project is called.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension!

The wise thing to do, in a forum, is to just pass by a person or subject which upsets you.

Ross

It seems that Splenda will carmelize:

https://kitchenatthestore.com/can-you-caramelize-splenda/

Splenda is sucralose, similar but different than sucrose, which is sugar (or glucose or fructose).

I haven't tried it, but according to google, it carmelizes in a way that's similar to sugar, and has zero calories.

Does this help?

Regular Splenda - I was going to suggest this also.

Splenda Brown Sugar is half real sugar, so it's not zero sugar but lower in sugar than regular brown. Maybe this is the "semi artificial sugar semi sugar" referred to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom