ISO finding real butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stocked up on some butter at Lidl, for just $1.29/lb, just before TG. I really thought someone had mismarked it! I can't even remember the last time it was that low! And there was no limit, so I stocked up, for Christmas cookies, mainly. Shortly after TG, I saw it at Aldi's for $1.79, but a limit of 4, though I didn't need any.

Where is it that much?

When I first read this, I just assumed that the butter we always buy must not be real butter. I thought I missed the memo or something.

So the regular one pound butter is real butter. So where is it 20 a pound?

Our favorite commercial butter is from Kate's Homemade Butter. When it isn't on sale, I don't buy it at $4.99 a pound. I do buy several when they are on sale for 2/$5. Not even imported Kerrygold or Finlandia cost anywhere near $20 a pound. Perhaps the OP was exaggerating? One can only hope...

Based on their only other 3 posts, I'm guessing either the OP is in some other country, or is trolling.

Imported Fronch butter is about $15 to $18 per pound, but that's paying full price with no effort to find a better deal.

Maybe the OP is just a high roller, or pretending to be.

I like to pick up Amish butter when in the neighborhood in PA, but even that is hit and miss. They are as much salespeople as they are pious.

jenny, her profile says "parkheights, usa". No indication of state. "Park Heights" is a popular street name around here (Ohio, at the moment), so that's all the answers Google gave me.

jenny, her profile says "parkheights, usa". No indication of state. "Park Heights" is a popular street name around here (Ohio, at the moment), so that's all the answers Google gave me.

I found two towns named "Parkheights" in Canada. One in Ontario and one in BC. But, that's not the US.

Back
Top Bottom