ISO finding real butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had asked for a small butter churner as a gift for Christmas, mi'lady. To be able to make my own.

Alas, Santa has issues with his weight, apparently, so we all have to suffer.

How do you say Santa Claus in French. They wouldn't deny wishes of butter, would they?

Dehydrated Real Butter Powder
Dehydrated Butter Powder is made from real, sweet cream butter. It adds mouthwatering flavor to popcorn, soups, sauces and vegetables, and it’s an excellent substitute for store-bought butter in recipes and baking. Unopened shelf life up to 10 years, recipes on can label

Amazon, 2 lb can - on sale down from 80$+ to $50 something. (canada)

Attachments

• dehydrated butter.jpg
    dehydrated butter.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 143
I had asked for a small butter churner as a gift for Christmas, mi'lady. To be able to make my own.

Alas, Santa has issues with his weight, apparently, so we all have to suffer.

How do you say Santa Claus in French. They wouldn't deny wishes of butter, would they?
Why not use a stand mixer/hand mixer and beat some heavy cream into butter?

Dehydrated Real Butter Powder
Dehydrated Butter Powder is made from real, sweet cream butter. It adds mouthwatering flavor to popcorn, soups, sauces and vegetables, and it’s an excellent substitute for store-bought butter in recipes and baking. Unopened shelf life up to 10 years, recipes on can label

Amazon, 2 lb can - on sale down from 80$+ to $50 something. (canada)

Any idea how much fresh butter that is equivalent to?

But, I have no idea how much a cup of that powder weighs. I'm curious how many cups of the powdered butter there are in a 2 lb can. I can't tell if this is more or less expensive than fresh butter.

Can says approx. 204 Servings per can.
1 serving = 1 Tbsp. dry = approx 1 Tbsp prepared.

Thanks.

So 204 tablespoons = 12.75 cups. 12.75 / 2 cups per pound = 6.375 pounds of butter per pound of butter. One two pound can of powder is about 12 and 3/4 lbs of butter. I usually pay about CAD 5 / pound. 5x12.75=63.75. So, the can of butter powder on special is cheaper than butter that isn't on a really good special. I guess it's mostly for convenience and shelf life.

I'm still hung up on the OP having to pay $20 for a pound of butter.

Yeah, really. I can imagine that kind of price in some of the Canadian northern communities, where all the groceries have to be flown in. Might be like that in some other remote areas. But, it really would be unusual anywhere else.

SE Wisconsin, sales on butter has it less than $2/lb. Our local grocery has it for $2.29/lb.

Why not use a stand mixer/hand mixer and beat some heavy cream into butter?

I don't have a stand mixer.

And I was asked what I wanted for Christmas. I really don't need anything at this point in my life, so I was trying to think of something small and inexpensive.

Ok, well, maybe I could use a stand mixer, lol.

Back
Top Bottom