ISO help making pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

incredigirl15

Assistant Cook
hey guys can u all tell me how to make yummy pancakes

wanna make it for my fly tonight were 15 of us so sumthing that serves all us guys ?????

thnx,
incredigirl15:)

there are lots of fine pancake mixes out there from Bisquick to Aunt Somebody's. Most are quite good. Follow their directions. Add a little vanilla if you like, and some berries if you like that. Use real butter in a pan on medium heat. (If you are a newbie to this use a stick free pan...the butter is still important for browning and flavor) Turn when bubbles begin to show. Top with butter and a dusting of powdered sugar...serve with syrups of your choice. If you want to m ake a from scratch pancake, the joy of cooking has great recipes.

most of the boxed brands are pretty good. if you're looking to make some from scratch, here's one of my favorites for old fashioned pancakes. I'm not sure what makes them old fashioned, but they are good :)

Visit this other thread for ideas on what to put in them.

good luck! let us know how they turn out.

heres an easy recipe:

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
1 tablespoon corn oil

Combine flour sugar baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk egg and melted butter and mix until combined.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan or griddle over medium high heat. After the oil is heated for 1 minute, flick a drop of water in the pan, if it sizzles, its time to cook the pancakes. Small pancakes are easier to cook and flip, so try using a 1/3 cup or so of batter to start. Cook for about 2 minutes or when the bubbles on the top of the cakes begin to break . When you flip them, cook for 1 minute.

hey guys thnx for your help i made it and it turned out pretty well.

every1 loved it;it was trully delicious

DramaQueen said:
Hey Incredigirl, your "chat room" language has me curious. How old r u? :rolleyes:

img_469575_0_d0178bad79608849e4d2f408ccb5e8e4.jpg

I'm betting its because us old folks on the boards don't use chat room language on message boards. Right Drama Queen?

Incredigirl, we all understand it fine, and many of us "old farts" use it when we are IMing too. You can use it if you like, just be aware that some people may be annoyed with it and not read your post (and therefore not answer). Its not a biggie at all. It gives a clue to your age group too! ;)

Just curious. As I said, your chat room type abbreviations gave me a clue that you are young. Welcome to the fine world of cooking and one of the best "chat rooms' on the internet. And BTW I understand what you're writing. But Alix is right , we don't use that type of language on this site so you might lose those that can't understand. .

Last edited:
incredigirl15 said:
so can i use it r u [old folks] as u said understanding what i am writing????

I text faster with my thumbs than most people type with all their fingers. So yeah, Ihrya. :D

<3 Chiffy

Oh...Re pancakes - don't squash them down after you cook the first side. The first side will be beautiful and the second side will look like swiss cheese - this is fine. Use a nice flavorful recipe. Avoid boxed mixes if you can. Anything from scratch beats them.

Personaly i do not like it. But hey I can berely speak English, so what do you expect from somebody like that.

As long as the chatroom abbreviations don't threaten to overtake the rest of a sentence, I'm fine. Just hope we avoid things like "idk my bff jill?"

And now that you've created simple pancakes, consider the more advanced Pankeggs!

Smylietron said:
As long as the chatroom abbreviations don't threaten to overtake the rest of a sentence, I'm fine. Just hope we avoid things like "idk my bff jill?"

And now that you've created simple pancakes, consider the more advanced Pankeggs!

Noooooo..... Eggs in the slices of toast like Olympia Dukakis did on Moonstruck!

What would you serve on those pankeggs? Syrup? Hot sauce?? :LOL:

chiffonade said:
Noooooo..... Eggs in the slices of toast like Olympia Dukakis did on Moonstruck!

What would you serve on those pankeggs? Syrup? Hot sauce?? :LOL:

Hahahaha....well, I cover the eggie-in-a-basket in that entry, too, but I do prefer the Pankegg.

As for what to top it with, if you cook it right you shouldn't need to top it with anything--the butter, oil, and egg yolk will give it plenty of flavor, and the "oozy oozy middle" will moisturize. :)

Back
Top Bottom