ISO ideas for flavoring overnight oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
I made overnight oats in the fridge last night for the first time. DH likes oatmeal during the winter, and I'm hoping this will be a warm-weather alternative to bagels ;) I'm looking for ideas for flavoring it in addition to the vanilla yogurt-Penzeys pie spice-raisins I did last night. What do you use? TIA.

Maple syrup. Cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar is nice too. Dried apples or other dried fruit.

Last edited:
I do this in the Zoji on porridge setting, takes 2 hours:

1-1/2 cups steel cut oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3-1/2 cups whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins

The maple syrup has to come from gluten free, free range, organic, non GMO, cage free wild New England maple trees.

I do this in the Zoji on porridge setting, takes 2 hours:

1-1/2 cups steel cut oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3-1/2 cups whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins

The maple syrup has to come from gluten free, free range, organic, non GMO, cage free wild New England maple trees.

Wherever will I find free-range, cage-free maple syrup?? :ermm: :LOL:

I like a squeeze of honey with either a splash of half and half or some chopped walnuts. Dried cranberries and walnuts is good, too, or dried cherries with almonds.

I've been making a batch of steel cut oats in my Staub pot once a week, dividing it into four portions, and putting three away in the fridge for later in the week. The fourth serving is put away in my tummy that same day.

I made overnight oats in the fridge last night for the first time. DH likes oatmeal during the winter, and I'm hoping this will be a warm-weather alternative to bagels ;) I'm looking for ideas for flavoring it in addition to the vanilla yogurt-Penzeys pie spice-raisins I did last night. What do you use? TIA.

Try using apple juice instead of water to make a very tasty oatmeal.

I made oatmeal for dinner last night. Water oats pat of butter maple flavor brown sugar and raisins. Topped cooked oats with diced skin on Granny Smith Apple tossed with splash lemon juice (to prevent browning) tad brown sugar and cinnamon. I like to serve with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2.

I made oatmeal for dinner last night. Water oats pat of butter maple flavor brown sugar and raisins. Topped cooked oats with diced skin on Granny Smith Apple tossed with splash lemon juice (to prevent browning) tad brown sugar and cinnamon. I like to serve with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2.

I had to :) with that MsM. My grandparents had oatmeal for "supper" every night.

Back
Top Bottom