ISO meal options for pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justin22885

Assistant Cook
im wanting to use my pressure cooker and slow cooker more, ive seen people make meals that saves them a lot of time and effort but when i search sites like allrecipes and food.com a lot of the pressure cooker recipes still fry stuff in the pressure cooker which is the most labor intensive part of most meals... im looking for recipes i can just toss all the ingredients into a pressure cooker or slow cooker and cook it all at once

i eat a lot of rice, beans, quinoa, vegetables, etc.. and just recently ive given up on eating any meat i actually have to prepare or cook first... for example, im sick and tired of trimming, preparing, chopping, and then sterilizing whenever i cook with chicken or any other meat and the costs of it are going way up so ive essentially become vegetarian to save time, effort, and money

another reason for wanting to find more meal options is my neck, back, and now my new torn ankle which simply means i cannot stand over a stove for more than a few minutes at a time before one of the three begins to hurt

__

so im looking for dinners, deserts, appetizers, breakfast, and any other type of meal of any region or ethnicity that has absolutely the lowest amount of prep time that is simply a toss all ingredients into the pot and turn it on type of cooking... any ideas?

im wanting to use my pressure cooker and slow cooker more, ive seen people make meals that saves them a lot of time and effort but when i search sites like allrecipes and food.com a lot of the pressure cooker recipes still fry stuff in the pressure cooker which is the most labor intensive part of most meals... im looking for recipes i can just toss all the ingredients into a pressure cooker or slow cooker and cook it all at once

i eat a lot of rice, beans, quinoa, vegetables, etc.. and just recently ive given up on eating any meat i actually have to prepare or cook first... for example, im sick and tired of trimming, preparing, chopping, and then sterilizing whenever i cook with chicken or any other meat and the costs of it are going way up so ive essentially become vegetarian to save time, effort, and money

another reason for wanting to find more meal options is my neck, back, and now my new torn ankle which simply means i cannot stand over a stove for more than a few minutes at a time before one of the three begins to hurt

__

so im looking for dinners, deserts, appetizers, breakfast, and any other type of meal of any region or ethnicity that has absolutely the lowest amount of prep time that is simply a toss all ingredients into the pot and turn it on type of cooking... any ideas?

Pot Roast, soups, stews, chili, etc. For deserts, cobblers, fruit bowls, etc.

i can get vegetable packs from the grocery store that includes chopped pieces of celery, baby carrots, brocolli, cauliflour, and cherry tomatos that i can dip in some ranch and eat.. and im also not opposed to just chopping off a chunk of a pineapple or cantellope for desert or a snack, but trying to find something more substantial and integrated

chilis and stews are a great idea for a slow cooker.. im sure there are vegetarian recipes or recipes which use pre-cooked meats (liked smoked sausage) that would really cut down prep time and ill look into some more recipes relating to that

seems things like my rice, quinoa, etc would be better in the pressure cooker.. im sure theres something where i can just dump some rice, water, vegetables and seasonings into the pressure cooker and set it on the stove, these are the types of recipes im most interested in

I don't use a pressure cooker, but I use my slow cookers a lot.

The Aroma rice cooker with the veggie steamer is a nice appliance, and pretty cheap. You could cook any rice or grain in it, and steam your veggies at the same time.

seems things like my rice, quinoa, etc would be better in the pressure cooker.. im sure theres something where i can just dump some rice, water, vegetables and seasonings into the pressure cooker and set it on the stove, these are the types of recipes im most interested in

You really cant dump rice and vegetables into a pressure cooker and cook them together because by the time the rice is done the vegetables will be mushy like baby food. Its hard and rather pointless to cook vegetables in a pressure cooker.

i cook veggies and rice together all the time with no issues, the veggies are usually frozen when i add them though

Back
Top Bottom