ISO new ideas for meals/menus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stikinecook

Assistant Cook
Hi there! First time poster in this forum! :) :chef:

I cook in a small family fish camp, and I am slowly running out of idea's of things to bake and cook. Supplies are limited- I do have the basics for ingredients. I guess the guys get tired of the same old cookies, cakes, and treats- and I am wondering if anyone has any new idea's and suggestions for me to try out? Like I said, I have basic supplies, so that is why I am finding it hard to find new things. And espesialy something they will like! They can be fussy.... :rolleyes::LOL: So just looking for some dessert/treat type idea's here...

Thank you! :)

What exactly are the "same old cookies, cakes, and treats" you've been making? We need to know this, so we can suggest something other than what you've been doing!

Sorry I thought I added that! My Mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

Chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate cake, Poppyseed muffins, banana muffins/bread, Oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies, rhubarb pie, rhubarb muffins, rhubarb crisp, rhubarb cake

I think thats it? Might be a few I am missing- its hard to remember them all.

No peanut butter??? That would add another item and plain sugar cookies with jam on top would be tasty!

Chewy brownies... nothing quite like a good chewy brownie.

Hmm.. now do I have to head to the store...

Brownies are a good idea- I have made them a few times, they go SO fast.....

and as for the ice cream idea, we dont have icecream here. We have to run a generator every few hours to keep the meat frozen, and we use ice/snow for the fridge. I miss ice cream in the summer! That sounds like a Winter treat... YUM thanks!

How about Ginger bread topped with whipped cream? Do you have access to any other fruit besides banana? You could make crips or muffin or pies with other fruit.

How about Ginger bread topped with whipped cream? Do you have access to any other fruit besides banana? You could make crips or muffin or pies with other fruit.

more into the summer there will be strawberries and raspberries! Crisps are good too- but never last :( :rolleyes:

Gingerbread sounds good!!

more into the summer there will be strawberries and raspberries! Crisps are good too- but never last :( :rolleyes:

Gingerbread sounds good!!

make individual short cakes and top with masserated berries and whipped cream!

make a yellow cake, top with set vanilla pudding, top that with strawberries, top that with whipped cream and sprinkle the top with nuts.

Back
Top Bottom