Iso Nutella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Someone gave me a jar of this stuff and I do not know what to do with it. Anyone have any recipe ideas? I googled it but when they said it was for savory dishes it did not make sense. I would appreciate any suggestions.

norgeskog said:
Someone gave me a jar of this stuff and I do not know what to do with it. Anyone have any recipe ideas? I googled it but when they said it was for savory dishes it did not make sense. I would appreciate any suggestions.

In the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Germanic countries, Nutella is usually spread on croissants or rolls or toast and eaten as a breakfast item.

I've also seen people stir it into hot milk in a bowl and then dip sweet French-style brioche, or raisin rolls into it!

I've never heard of it being used as an ingredient in savoury dishes, though.

just like ishbel said... most people eat it on toast, bagels, croissants. i never seen any recipes using it though.

when i ate chocolate i put it on toast.
it's good with graham crackers and pretzels, too.

bet it'd be yummy warmed up and poured over ice cream!

Gida on everyday italian has a recipe where she puts it on grilled pineapple. She uses nutella on some of her other dessert dishes.

Thanks all you wonderful hinters. I have found a use. My first choice is heated over icecream, will try when I get the ice cream. I also will look at the other recipes and will try on toast. Thanks again.

If you make bread, you can make a soft white dough, roll it into a flat square shape, spread with nuttela, sprinkle chopped hazlenuts and grated chocolate on it, roll it up and slice into rounds, let it have its second rising, then pop it in the often, delicious chocolate scrolls.

A simpler idea is to melt it in the microwave for a couple of seconds, then serve with fruit as a no mess easy chocolate fondue, especially good with strawberries. Nuttella is surprisingly quite healthy, lower in fat than peanut butter, and it's delicious!! I adore it and always keep a jar in the cupboard.

kyles said:
If you make bread, you can make a soft white dough, roll it into a flat square shape, spread with nuttela, sprinkle chopped hazlenuts and grated chocolate on it, roll it up and slice into rounds, let it have its second rising, then pop it in the often, delicious chocolate scrolls.

A simpler idea is to melt it in the microwave for a couple of seconds, then serve with fruit as a no mess easy chocolate fondue, especially good with strawberries. Nuttella is surprisingly quite healthy, lower in fat than peanut butter, and it's delicious!! I adore it and always keep a jar in the cupboard.

Thanks kyles, glad you are back, missed you.

another WOW !

Rumplestiltskin said:
Low GI (Glyceimic Index) as well.

Now THAT is a surprise! I do know however that different ways of food combining affect their GI level... many times you combine a high GI food with a low GI food and it lowers the total GI- takes longer for the body to process those foods.

Back
Top Bottom