ISO online cooking schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeM

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know of a good online cooking school? I am a decent cook, but I am looking to learn more techniques. For instance, when do you sweat and when do you sauté aromatics? I have many other questions that I think can be covered with a simple online course. I am a good cook, but I need to know if I am cooking things to their full taste potential.

Sometimes it takes standing next to someone that is using the technique you want to learn.
I'd be interested in any decent online resources as well... this one's pretty good! I haven't checked Youtube or other video online sites yet.

Thanks Wyogal, I basically know the techniques alot of the websites offer as instruction. I like the blog, The cheesecake looks interesting. I mostly cook Italian or old fashioned foods (ie meatloaf etc.) not really desserts. does anyone know of an old fashioned Italian cookbook.

Does anyone know of a good online cooking school? I am a decent cook, but I am looking to learn more techniques. For instance, when do you sweat and when do you sauté aromatics? I have many other questions that I think can be covered with a simple online course. I am a good cook, but I need to know if I am cooking things to their full taste potential.

check your local community college for lifetime learning courses offered to adults.
some may be offered online.

I don't know of any online cooking schools, but I'd suggest you buy Wayne Gisslen's Professional Cooking. It's a textbook used at CIA and a fantastic resource. If it ain't in that book it ain't worth knowing!:LOL:

that's the book my school abides by for several different recipes although they mostly give us le Corden Bleu recipe packets.

Back
Top Bottom