ISO Rob Rainford recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppinfresh

Senior Cook
He has a show on Discovery Home called "License to Grill". Man makes some truly amazing stuff. But the Discovery Home website hasn't updated its recipe list for his show in eons it seems. There are none of the season 3 recipes up. And to the best of my knowledge, this guy doesn't have a book. Anyone know of an alternate site that perhaps has these recipes on em? I know in Canada he's on a different type of station, etc.

Awesome. Thanks for the link.

And Caine...they show it here in the states on Discovery Home. They're just really lazy about updating is all :P. Though I do think he needs to go to Food Network US...he's too good to be kept secret. And since Flay stopped doing Boy Meets Grill...there's not a single grill-worthy show on the network.

Well, it IS filmed in Ottawa (I think), which IS the capital of Canada :)

And there is a book.

Except that I saw it in the bookstore the other day and it was written by Chris Knight (the writer for the show). Same cover with Rob on the front, though.

Very odd.

Oh, how it taunts me. That book isn't available on Amazon's US site, only the Canadian one...and can't put a US address in the .ca version. I *must* have that book...time to start scouring.

Aye, I'm trying to avoid anything with a .ca extension. Just seems...complicated. I'll get my hands on it eventually one way or another now that I know it's out there :P. ****, I'll use it as an excuse to head up to Whistler one more time if I have to

I just saw it at Costco locally - but it was the Chris Knight version (the only one I've seen in stores, as opposed to the Rob Rainford version). I read the foreward and was disappointed to see them specify that it's not even him that COOKS the food, there's some dude (or girl?) named Kerry that prepares all the food. Rob's just the host. No credit for recipes or ideas or anything other than hosting the show.

Sad.

That's pretty typical. With the exception of "live" cooking shows, they're all prepared by someone other than the host. All the "and here's what the finished product looks like after 2 hours of cooking" shows have those types of setups. Given Rob's background and the style of food prepared on the show, however, I have no doubt he actually comes up with most of the recipes.

Poppinfresh said:
Given Rob's background and the style of food prepared on the show, however, I have no doubt he actually comes up with most of the recipes.

Except that it (the show) is written by executive producer Chris Knight and the book (by him and some other dude) specified that he and the other producer, Kathy Doherty write all the recipes.

I'm sure Rob COULD, but I don't think he does, in this instance.

I'm always disappointed, like when I learned that Michael Smith's house from Chef at Home wasn't actually his house, but is rather a vacation house for rent in PEI. Oh well.. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom