ISO sauce to serve with duck breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a take on the classic l'orange, I used to take a tablespoon of OJ concentrate. Defat the drippings as much as possible, then deglaze the pan with dry sherry or vermouth, maybe some chicken stock if the fortified wines are too strong or the concentrate too sweet. Add the spoon of orange juice concentrate and a grinding of nutmeg. Hmmm ... haven't made that in decades! Sounds good, but my kitchen has no exhaust fan, so I only do duck outside over coals in the summer!

For a take on the classic l'orange, I used to take a tablespoon of OJ concentrate. Defat the drippings as much as possible, then deglaze the pan with dry sherry or vermouth, maybe some chicken stock if the fortified wines are too strong or the concentrate too sweet. Add the spoon of orange juice concentrate and a grinding of nutmeg. Hmmm ... haven't made that in decades! Sounds good, but my kitchen has no exhaust fan, so I only do duck outside over coals in the summer!

Why do you feel you need an exhaust fan to cook duck indoors?

I like t dress duck with Yakatori Asian sauce for a change in flavor. If you like fruit sauce , try something like mango or papayas.

Why do you feel you need an exhaust fan to cook duck indoors?

Because every time I've made any type of domesticated duck, it has smoked incredibly. And, believe me, I've done it often enough. In the winter, opening the windows and sticking a fan facing out in it isn't really practical at below freezing temperatures. All that fat.

I have done wild duck and other birds (we have a Wild Wings place near here) without having a problem with the smoke, but then they are way lean (as a matter of fact, I've had to lard them). But the grocery store ducks just fill my kitchen with smoke. So out on the grill.

My favorite duck story? Once I was camping out at Christmas, and put a duck on the Weber for dinner. We were out tending it, on the edge of a lake. At least a half-dozen mallards came and watched us cooking. It was funny in a creepy way, having these ducks watching us roasting a duck. Ooooh-ooooo!

While I run the exhaust fan (which isn't all that wonderful to begin with) when I use the oven I have forgotten to turn it on and not had a problem with duck smoking us out...

The CI griddle on the other hand...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom