ISO Sesame Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok tks -

but what would the substantial difference be between some one posting as a title --

'ISO Sesame Noodles'

and

'Sesame Noodles'

?

Thanks Kathleen. I'll look into making those sometime. You make them sound delicious.

jpe, the substantial difference is that it lets you know the OP (original poster) has a question and is looking for something, as opposed to offering a recipe or just saying they tried sesame noodles and like them.

ok - but if I see a title 'S.N.' - and at all interested - I'll go to see what it is all about in any case.

I guess I just wonder about 'redundancy' - but don't take it too seriously.

When I see "ISO," I might not even open the thread unless I feel like I might have a recipe or something else concrete to offer the OP. I also think of it as an S.O.S. shout where the OP is asking for help, and a reply less than helpful is rude, almost like kicking a dying man.

Pac, summer rolls are refreshingly good finger food.
But there's no reason why you can't try making sesame noodles from your pho. The Vietnamese word for noodle, derived from the Chinese "fun," is bun or bahn. And it's usually made from rice flour. It has no gluten. So, after cooking, the noodles can easily break apart. In a soup, it's no big deal since the broken bits are slurped down with the soup. Whereas bits of broken pasta is problematic with a fork or chopsticks. Try firming the pho in the frig for an hour, and then toss with dressing into cold sesame noodle salad.

ok - but if it's a subject I'm interested in the post might be offering an angle I hadn't thought of or knew about - so would open - just saying that the ISO for a title that otherwise might be interesting is superfluous.

Again - don't take it too seriously - am just one that hates (IMO) unnecessary jargon.

Thanks Spork. I suppose I should simply cook a batch and see what they are like.

ok - but if it's a subject I'm interested in the post might be offering an angle I hadn't thought of or knew about - so would open - just saying that the ISO for a title that otherwise might be interesting is superfluous.

Again - don't take it too seriously - am just one that hates (IMO) unnecessary jargon.

ISO and TNT (tried and true) are often used as shorthand in a thread title instead of typing something such as: "Looking for a recipe for xxxx" or "Here's a Great Recipe for xxxx" This allows the readers to make a quick decision on whether or not they care about the thread's contents.

You are not required to use either.

Definitely give them a try. I found both recipes, the one for my sesame noodles and for the summer rolls on this person's blog. I love her stories that go with her recipes. I had never had any kind of Asian food until I was almost out of high school, and fell in love with it. Unfortunately, in those pre-internet days, getting a cookbook either produced a watered-down version of Asian cuisine or it did not give you enough information to find/substitute the authentic ingredients. If I had access to something like this blog back then, I think I would have made every single thing on her blog! :yum: I'm unsure where I found the dipping sauce idea....but I believe it was on YouTube.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom