ISO what to do with gin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate the smell of junipers. I bought some juniper shrubs without realizing the stink they omit... like a herd of cats were hanging out where they are planted. Just sayin'

Tanqeuray is our gin of choice. It has a distinctive flavor. Gin and tonic with lime is my "Go To" warm weather drink. Nothing better.

Oh--so for drinking, does one put it in the freezer like good vodka, schnapps, etc., so it is chilled and drink it straight up? Maybe my mistake was the tonic...:mellow:

As far as I'm concerned, tonic is always a mistake. It's bitter and too sweet. Yuck.

gin is juniper flavoured. well, more sort of an extract or tincture; i forget which process is which.

it might be substituted or added in recipes that contain juniper.

look up scandinavian fish or game recipes, i'd think.

That's what I was going to suggest. Danes do some braised beef recipes with crushed juniper berries, as well as game. I can't really imaging it with fish.

Too bad you can't enjoy the Gin CWS :( I love a good Gin Martini and I find the smell of the juniper berries in gin very refreshing. Maybe some day someone will come into your life who does enjoy Gin and then you will be all set. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom