"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 22,681
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
It means that the touch pad got me, and I didn't catch it. Just delete the "With make soup" part. Maybe I should just give up. But my homemade spudnuts were a success tonight. Does that count?

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
You can use the preview button to check what you wrote and fix anything before submitting the reply. I don't always catch everything, but it helps.

Maybe make several shorter replies instead of such long ones. It would make it easier to see mistakes. It would also make it a little easier for me to read your replies.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:18 AM   #22
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 4,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You can use the preview button to check what you wrote and fix anything before submitting the reply. I don't always catch everything, but it helps.

Maybe make several shorter replies instead of such long ones. It would make it easier to see mistakes. It would also make it a little easier for me to read your replies.
I will second that motion! Chief has good posts and good ideas and recipes. But they are so long. Its just a bit to much at times.

I will assume "longwind" was an easy alias to pick out! Love ya Chief!
__________________

Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
I will second that motion! Chief has good posts and good ideas and recipes. But they are so long. Its just a bit to much at times.



I will assume "longwind" was an easy alias to pick out! Love ya Chief!


Legend goes that it was really ‘Longwinded’ but it was too many characters and had to be shortened... :)

Love ya Chief! Keep educating us newbies!!!
GimmeAnother1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 23,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
It means that the touch pad got me, and I didn't catch it. Just delete the "With make soup" part. Maybe I should just give up. But my homemade spudnuts were a success tonight. Does that count?

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Hi, Chief. I have one more suggestion for proof-reading your posts before submitting them - write them in Word and, when you're done, copy & paste them from Word to the DC reply window. You can easily increase the zoom level of Word documents and you can use spell check. I hope this helps. Please don't give up. We would really miss you around here
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 22,681
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Hi, Chief. I have one more suggestion for proof-reading your posts before submitting them - write them in Word and, when you're done, copy & paste them from Word to the DC reply window. You can easily increase the zoom level of Word documents and you can use spell check. I hope this helps. Please don't give up. We would really miss you around here
+1
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #26
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 4,139
So whats the consensus regarding dredging the meatballs in flour before frying?
I will do it from now on.
It cuts the browning time in half so frying is not that bad after all. Its faster with the flour and IMO frying tastes much better.
__________________

Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
italian, meat, meatballs, oven

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×