Keeping soup hot but not overcooking it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hgrosven

Assistant Cook
I have to make a soup for a class tomorrow and am wondering how to approach getting it there while it is hot. The soup has pasta in it and I am afraid that bringing it in a crockpot to keep it hot will continue to cook the noodles and it will end up being overcooked. Any suggestions?

If you have a big Thermos type container it will keep it hot. My parents used to bring coffee on vacation with them in a big thermal jug and it stayed hot a long time.

Another option would be to cook the pasta separately. Bring the soup in the Crockpot, then add the pasta when you get there.

Do you have to feed the whole class?

If it's just for a tasting or just for you and perhaps one other person, use a thermos bottle. That's what they're made for.

If it's for the whole class, after you get to class, use your crock pot and set it to the lowest setting, usually "warm", and after 15-20 minutes, turn it off. The ceramic liner will keep it warm for quite a while.

Thanks for the advice guys. It is for the whole class so I think ill just use the crock pot on the lowest setting. Thanks again for the advice

Back
Top Bottom